Question Graphics Card Not Powering On After Hard Crash

Sep 16, 2021
I'm fairly certain my graphics card may have just fried, but looking for any hail mary I can try since I bought it second hand and I'm fairly certain I can't get it fixed via RMA. The card in question is a Gigabyte Windforce RTX 3090. Purchased back in February, been working fine for the most part aside from the occasional driver crash. Of all games was playing Dark Souls 3 and casting a spell made the computer lock up and the fans go full boar until I just manually powered off the PC. The card won't power up with the system. Tried the secondary slot. No dice. Multiple restarts. Seems like it may be cooked.

Are there any diagnostics I'm missing or things I can try? I'm proficient enough to pull apart a card (replaced the thermal paste on my thankfully still well-running 2080ti). I'm probably just postponing feeling like garbage being out $2,000, but I'm holding out hope there's something I'm missing.

I'm fairly certain my graphics card may have just fried, but looking for any hail mary I can try since I bought it second hand and I'm fairly certain I can't get it fixed via RMA. The card in question is a Gigabyte Windforce RTX 3090. Purchased back in February, been working fine for the most part aside from the occasional driver crash. Of all games was playing Dark Souls 3 and casting a spell made the computer lock up and the fans go full boar until I just manually powered off the PC. The card won't power up with the system. Tried the secondary slot. No dice. Multiple restarts. Seems like it may be cooked.

Are there any diagnostics I'm missing or things I can try? I'm proficient enough to pull apart a card (replaced the thermal paste on my thankfully still well-running 2080ti). I'm probably just postponing feeling like garbage being out $2,000, but I'm holding out hope there's something I'm missing.

What power supply do you have in your system?