[SOLVED] Graphics card running but no signal

Heavy Pootis

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Hey,
I have a GTX 950 2gb graphics card which is running but not showing any signal. I also tested it on another computer with the same DVI cable but no signal. I also tested it with HDMI cable but still no signal. The monitor which I have tested the graphics card on is old. So, is my graphics card broken or my PCIe slot? I've not tested with a new DVI or HDMI cable. I am currently using my computer on a VGA cable connected to the motherboard.

P.S: Sorry for bad English.

My Specs:

Core i7 2600 3.4ghz
Ram 8gb
Gigabyte 120 GB SSD
WD 500gb HDD
Corsair lite power 450w PSU
h67h2 intel motherboard
Zotac GTX 950 2gb

Solution
Corsair have never had a Lite Power series for their PSU lineup. Thermaltake have a Lite Power series and they shouldn't even be considered to be a PSU. How old is your PSU? If the GPU was sourced second hand, it's probable that the GPU was sued for mining and might be faulty/failing. Might want to try it on a donor system that has at least 450~500W of power from a reliably built PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair have never had a Lite Power series for their PSU lineup. Thermaltake have a Lite Power series and they shouldn't even be considered to be a PSU. How old is your PSU? If the GPU was sourced second hand, it's probable that the GPU was sued for mining and might be faulty/failing. Might want to try it on a donor system that has at least 450~500W of power from a reliably built PSU.

Solution

Heavy Pootis

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017

Why it is a bad PSU? My PSU is about 7 months old. Which power supply should I go with? I want to upgrade.
Yes, the GPU is second hand.