Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 9, 2014
Specs:
GPU - Radeon R9 380
PSU - EVGA 600w
CPU - AMD FX 8370
Motherboard - Asrock 980de3

My PSU finally gave out so I got a new one of the same kind. But now I get no signal to my monitor. The only difference between the PSUs is the old one had bronze in the title and the new one says black. Would that only difference affect the graphics card? The fans to the card spin for a second at the start but then stop. But I think mine might be the type that doesn't use them til it reaches a certain temp. Though I don't know if it can get to temp since I can't see the display to get past the "startup normally" screen that happens when the PC isn't shut down properly. Can the GPU reach temp sitting at that startup screen? The thing I suspect is my HDMI cable is the issue since I've gone through a few of them due to the sharp angle they have to bend to be plugged into my monitor. But this cable hasn't been moved around a lot while bent like the others where their wires were eventually broken on the inside. Does anyone know a way I can figure out what is the actual problem before I go buy a new cable I might not need?

Solution

Are you sure your previous PSU didn't also kill some other part of your pc, when it died?

TheShaun

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 9, 2014

I'm not sure. I don't know how to tell. But I took my PC to geeksquad and they said its either the GPU or the motherboard. So I guess it did.