Question Grid pattern on textures in Ghost of Tsushima

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
I've been loving GoT so far and it's running flawlessly on my rig. However upon reaching Act 3, I noticed a lot of the snowy paths show a kind of "grid" on their textures, as if they're not quite joining together . I tried clearing my shader cache, changing tessellation mode to "application controlled" instead of "AMD optimized", but no luck. Is this a known bug / is there a solution to this, or do I just have to ignore it?

Specs:
Win11
R7 5800X3D
Asus ROG B550-A ATX
RX 7900XT Sapphire Pulse
32gb DDR4-3200
Game is running on a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2tb NVME

GPU drivers are the most recent type.
I have also tried turning off all texture-filtering related settings in Catalyst, as well as turning them up. Doesn't make any difference.
Resetting all settings to default in Catalyst, making sure FSR and Frame Gen are not active, changing text/UI scaling from 125% back to 100%, and playing with the in-game graphics and AA settings also do not make any difference at all.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/grid-pattern-on-textures-got-pc-zz0SoEd

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Did you use DDU to remove all drivers(Intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode, to later install the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command.

Asus ROG B550-A ATX
BIOS version for your motherboard?

If the issue you speak of is a bug, it should be on one title or other titles with the same engine/code. If it's a bug with the drivers then it'll be across other titles.

This might be worth a read.

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Did you use DDU to remove all drivers(Intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode, to later install the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command.

Asus ROG B550-A ATX
BIOS version for your motherboard?

If the issue you speak of is a bug, it should be on one title or other titles with the same engine/code. If it's a bug with the drivers then it'll be across other titles.

This might be worth a read.
1. I have not done that re the GPU drivers but I can give it a shot, I've just never done it before with command prompt so it'll take some navigating.

2. For the Mobo: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3002, 23-Feb-23

3. PSU: Corsair RM750x (2021), bought about 9 months ago. Using the included cables until the Type 4 Corsair sleeved kit arrives. Not using the 8-pin connectors in a daisy-chained setup either, been told enough horror stories about that.

4. Regarding the game engine vs. driver idea, I had the same thought too. Trouble is, Sucker Punch used a 'proprietary engine' for the game, and the closest lead I've got on an equivalent is Unreal Engine 5, but I don't know if that's correct or not. I did boot up Days Gone and had a look around, no visual issues to speak of, nothing similar re the grid effect. I'm going to have a look at Horizon Forbidden West and Spider-Man to see if any other big PS ports are displaying similar behaviour, but as I don't know exactly what engine GoT runs on, it might be a bit hard to test that one.