Build Complete Ground Control to Major Tom, All system go, but no picture.

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
I'm helping a friend build a simple computer (at-home work and email) and i haven't had this problem before, but I picked out the hardware and checked it with support/QVL (on Neweggs specifications) so all is good. Everything hooked up fine, turned it on, and nothing on the screen appeared (no signal) however after a few seconds (10-15) the computer shuts off and restarts. So i brought it home to work on it and view any solutions on here. I followed the checklist, and everything is green so i didn't missed anything when i installed it.

List of what's inside:
AMD RYZEN 7 2700 8-Core 3.2 GHz (4.1 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W
ASRock B450M/AC AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400)
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
EVGA 450 B1 100-B1-0450-K1 80+ BRONZE 450W

I used the integrated HDMI and it cause the same problem, and i didn't see if the processor supported the integrated, so i then installed a Radeon r9 270 to atleast get picture. Still same issue
I removed the Reset Switch from the chasis header/mobo and still the same issue. I then switch the RAM from A2/B2 to just A2. again, same issue, then i switch to A1, got the same issue, but the computer wasn't reseting after 10-15 sec. it was stable, but no picture. after all of that, i got onto the actual website for these parts and thumb through the support. The only thing i could see that may be probable, is the processor. Even though everything matches for it, the model # is the only difference.
I.E.:

AM4 Ryzen 7 2700 (YD2700BBM88AF) 65W Pinnacle Ridge 3.2GHz 4MB B2 All​

from ASROCK website vs. the Ryzen i got
YD2700BBAFBOX

Also, i notice the ram isn't on the support list, but i doubt that would cause the concern as it would just run in a lower speed. However, it may be this as well. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
yes, it's a 6-pin pci-e. and i switch the HDMI from intergrated and back to gpu. i tried testing it on 2 different monitors with the same procedure i posted. all is still the same. there is no LEDs on-board, it's a clean board, the chassis came with a speaker, and i don't even get a sound from it, thought maybe the speaker could be backwards as the piece doesn't described +/-... and still nothing.

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
FIXED

After hours of backtracking, reinstalling, questioning my existence, I finally fixed it... I went through my old computers and found the holy grail. I dug out my Nvidia Geforce 960 SSC and installed it. It came up and ran good. although the RAM isn't in the support, i had to used them in A1/B1 slots and it dubbed them down instead of 2933. He'll be happy with that little upgrade. Thank you all, and sorry if it was making you ponder as well.