Mar 31, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm at my wits end here with this GTA V audio problem I've been having, here's a link to a twitter post that accurately represents it here View: https://twitter.com/TwinGatsGaming/status/1183407557483864064

The only way I've gotten around it so far has been to reinstall windows, then it works for a day then breaks again (also the load times get dramatically worse). The UI sounds (notifications of the same unlock you've seen 800,000 times, Lester emailing you about his comics etc.) still work, I've reinstalled the game (steam) multiple times, deleted directx files/drivers and reinstalled them, changed around what version of directx the game was using in settings, ensured that the game wasn't muted, specified what input/output the game uses, disabled windows update after my most recent reinstall to ensure an update wasn't the culprit, and a number of asinine little things just in case they would help.

I'm unsure if drivers are the issue, due to the game working for a while after I reinstall windows. My system specs are as follows:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z370-A II (Motherboard)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 8GB x2
Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe
Kingston 120GB A400 SATA 3 2.5" Internal SSD SA400S37/120G (Windows location)
Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD - 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB

I appreciate any help/input, this is one of a number of things that have plagued me with my seemingly unfortunate build. At this point I'm considering just replacing the motherboard.

The only way I've gotten around it so far has been to reinstall windows, then it works for a day then breaks again (also the load times get dramatically worse).
Loading times are screwed up due to wrong priorities,this also screws up the game to a high degree but I'm not sure if this would affect the sound as well.
Be warned that rockstar easily bans people for anything so I would not try this in online.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DQl_VRiPw

TRENDING THREADS