Ryder252

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
Hello!
So I am considering upgrading an old HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT with a Core i7 2600K, GTX 1060, and either 16 or 32 GB of DDR3-1333. Problem is, this particular system has a nonstandard 320w ATX psu with wrong dimensions and screw wells in the wrong places - which could be fine if not for the 6-pin proprietary mobo connector replacing the ATX 24-pin. It would be difficult to find a proper psu upgrade, so would these specs be able to handle that wattage or would it be cutting too close? Also, if the gpu is problematic in this case then I'm open to suggestions.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Could you maybe take a picture of the sticker on the side of that psu and share here?

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Problem might not be only wattage, but also age of the psu. Think if anything i'd rather use a gtx 1650 Super in there, a better gpu overall with less power usage,, but one sort of drawback which is just 4gb of vram.