Miroslav Milosevic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2015
My 1070 mines ETH just fine. Even OC-ed. I do regular cleaning (dusty) and change thermal paste every 6 month. But i have strange problem. If i try to mine anything other than eth my pc crashes. (reboot's)
ETH is 00-24 stable. I tried under clocking it,power limit on 50% etc but pc crashes. Its same thing with games. Can play CSGO,State of decay YOSE but cant play AOE def. edition 2 or State of Decay 2. Mining eth 100% fans 100% power (@140w) its around 50C. Try anything else it is flashcrash
Edit:
AsROCK H110M-DGS R3.0 (suspect)
Intel G4600
16gb ddr4 kingston
SSD 124 + hdd 1TB
PSU 650w ( Pushes R9 280X + X5450 ,some asus board,8gb ddr2 with ease so i dont think its PSU problem plus i pass all benchmarks and stres test's)
Win 10 x64 latest and gratest.
And thats it.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy use for mining and gaming - correct?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or event informational events that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

Based on the posted problem description, I think the PSU is a likely culprit.

Possibly nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and beginning to falter and fail.

May be just some particular threshold wattage demand (a peak) due to the combination of apps etc. running at any given time.

Miroslav Milosevic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2015
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. History of heavy use for mining and gaming - correct?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or event informational events that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

Based on the posted problem description, I think the PSU is a likely culprit.

Possibly nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and beginning to falter and fail.

May be just some particular threshold wattage demand (a peak) due to the combination of apps etc. running at any given time.
Thanks for replay. I updated post. Well X5450 is 120W TDP and GTX pulls 140W. Since i overclocked both cpu(X5450) and gpu (R9 280X) to test PSU and it didnt crash it.,. can my mb board be a problem ? I forgot to look at event viewer. Thank you for bringing that up.