OfficeMatti

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Hello everyone!
Yeah, the headline prapobly tells what info Im after, which GPU should I get? GTX 1070 or RX 5600-XT? (Both are Asus ROG Strix editions)
There are good things to say about both cards, but is there any convincing info that could help me choose between these two?
Thanks in advance! :giggle:

Solution
I think both the cards are equally good, but the GTX 1070 is based on an older PASCAL GPU architecture, unlike the RX 5600 XT which is based on AMD's new RDNA arch. But it depends on your needs and requirements. Go for the new model.

Are you planning to play games on 1080p resolution ? But I would surely get that GPU which is cheaper of those 2 models. Do both the GPUs cost same from where you are planning to buy ? I would definitely get the cheaper variant, since both these cards perform exactly the same. Though, in some games the AMD card is much faster.

Just make sure your CPU doesn't bottleneck any of these cards either. And obviously use a decent compatible PSU as well.
I think both the cards are equally good, but the GTX 1070 is based on an older PASCAL GPU architecture, unlike the RX 5600 XT which is based on AMD's new RDNA arch. But it depends on your needs and requirements. Go for the new model.

Are you planning to play games on 1080p resolution ? But I would surely get that GPU which is cheaper of those 2 models. Do both the GPUs cost same from where you are planning to buy ? I would definitely get the cheaper variant, since both these cards perform exactly the same. Though, in some games the AMD card is much faster.

Just make sure your CPU doesn't bottleneck any of these cards either. And obviously use a decent compatible PSU as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: OfficeMatti
Solution

OfficeMatti

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019

Yeah, I had 1080p gaming in mind and yes they do cost about the same. I think the AMD is the winner based on what you said. Thank you alot to take time to answer and help! :)