GTX 570 HDMI works for Monitor but not HTDV

NMD

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Hi, I have a GTX 570 that I want to hook up to my HDTV via HDMI.

When I hook the TV up to the mini HDMI port on the gfx card the TV doesn't recognize the computer and the computer doesn't recognize the TV. I tried everything I can think of, different cables(older hdmi, 1.4hdmi, different lengths), different ports, etc. The gfx card hooks up to my monitor's hdmi port and works just fine.

The only thing I can think of is my hdtv is a few years old and doesnt support 1.4 or 120hz but that shouldn't matter should it?

A side note... is there any difference in using one of the DVI ports for my TV instead? And then use the mini HDMI for my 3D-Ready monitor? Will I still be able to run 2D at 120hz over HDMI? I don't want to have to do this because I need to send audio to my tv and 1 hdmi cable going across the room is better than 1dvi and 2audio, but if there is no other choice...

NMD

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008

Well... I plugged in the HDMI and the DVI to my 3D monitor. Set both of them to 480p, then unplugged the HDMI from the monitor and plugged it into the TV. Now nVida controll panel and windows shows a 1080p Samsung tv... But no matter what I do the tv still says nothing is connected.

NMD

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Still no answer on this...

I tried a DVI to HDMI adapter instead of using the mini hdmi port... same deal, I see a 1080p Samsung display in windows but the TV refuses to tune to whatever HDMI port I plug the wire into, it says nothing is connected.

The only thing I can think of is maybe this is something to do with HDMI 1.4? The TV is not HDMI 1.4... But I would assume that doesnt matter, espically when I use a DVI-HDMI.

All I wanna do is give a 60hz 1080p signal to my TV... UGHHH

NMD

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008

Sorry man, I tried everything I could find on the internet to make my stupid TV work. I even contacted samsung twice but no response.

FYI... When I connect my TV, I AM able to get it show up in nVidia control panel as 1080p Samsung... it's the TV that acts like nothing is plugged into the HDMI port, yet every other HDMI device I have works fine with it.

I think it might have something to do with the way the TV recognizes connections, you see... it wont even let you select a digital input until it actually detects a signal, but who knows.

Assault Lemming

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Did anyone ever work this out? I have the same problem and I've tried both a 32 inch Samsung and a newer 60 inch Sony now.

The problem is strange too, I can get a signal from the displayport, because I have a displayport to vga adaptor. So I went and got a DP to HDMI adaptor. Figuring, okay maybe it's a faulty hdmi socket. But...that doesn't work either!! So there's definitely a signal being output, but whatever hdmi part it has is not working right.

Dont really want to buy a monitor. Any ideas?