GTX570 black screen

Akoribud

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
hi folks,

new user here, would just like a bit of help if possible, i recently ordered all the parts for a new pc, built them up with a fresh install of windows 7.

components are as follows:
650W ANTEC TRUEPOWER NEW PSU
Asus P8Z68-V LE MoBo
Intel Core i5 2400 s1155
1280MB EVGA GTX570 SC HD PCI-E
1 x 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
1 x 500gb WD CAVIAR BLACK
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1600 MHz ( PC3-12800 )
MS Win 7 Home Prem 64bit OEM

unfortunatly i became a victim of the all popular black screens of death,
after multiple fresh installs with different nvidia driver sets i still had the same problem and i could replicate the problem 100% with furmark, which would black screen out everytime after around 5 mins
so i tried a few other things i found on forums, like setting the gpu clocks back to the stock, as the card is a factory oc version, i also tried upping the voltage a small amount, as supposedly some of the evga units come with a unstable clock
All was to no avail however, so i ended up rma ing the video card, which came back as non faulty, i am now sending back my psu, cpu,. mobo and ram in an attempt to find out what is causing the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions i would most appreciate it :), espec if there is something glaringly obious wrong with my build, but as far as i can think the psu would be the next main culprit, from what ive read tho that psu should be more than capable of running a gtx570 as a single card.

The driver sets i have tried are 266 and up to 280.

Thanks Ian

Hi Akoribud. Is it possible your case doesnt provide good air flow to your graphics card and after running furmark (well known for stressing the hell out of a gpu) turns too hot and you have the bsod? Have you checked the temp on your gpu before the black screen?

Akoribud

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
hi thanks for the reply, yeah i always have a temp check being logged in gpu-z, however the card never got anywhere near the unsafe temps, it was running around 65c at the time, which as far as i know is a safe temp