H50 vs H70 (watercooling)

intel1502

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
Hey all, i am building a new rig with i7 950, asus rampage III formula, 6gb 1866mhz cl9 dominator gt.

I am wanting to achieve a clock of at least 4.0 Ghz.

I am wondering whether to get the corsair H50 or the H70. The H50 is really appealing due to its slim form and solid pump, where the H70 has a larger radiator and has 2 included fans, unlike the H50 which only has 1.

The real question is, will i be able to achieve 4+ghz stable with H50 or will i have to go bulky dual fan H70? Also when i say stable, i mean it; for I am new to overclocking and want to have room for error.

Thankyou all for your input! :love:

Solution
Well, you did say;

"can noone suggest any other coolers, air or otherwise"

The H50 definitely needs P/P fans to perform, also require's cool air ( aka, used as intake ) which means changing the normal airflow of most cases.
Haven't used the H70, reviews have been mixed as to wether or not it is worth it over the H50, but the shorter tubing would have kept me away from it anyway.
Heh, you said watercooling.
I'm a fan of the H50, it works rather well for what it is, but if you really want watercooling look into the XSPC Rasa kit ( Google it )
It's real watercooling that's upgradeable , doesn't cost much more than an H70 and will perform better.

intel1502

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010

Just a heads up, can noone suggest any other coolers, air or otherwise because this is all thats available in my area

intel1502

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010

I dont want air, period.
What would you suggest to reach 4? would the h50 get to hot, would h70 be overkill? would u rather push pull h50? what?

Well, you did say;

"can noone suggest any other coolers, air or otherwise"

The H50 definitely needs P/P fans to perform, also require's cool air ( aka, used as intake ) which means changing the normal airflow of most cases.
Haven't used the H70, reviews have been mixed as to wether or not it is worth it over the H50, but the shorter tubing would have kept me away from it anyway.

Solution

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
are you only into H50/H70 or are you open for air coolers also??? tests have shown that these corsairs perform the same or lower compared to top air coolers... if you really want liquid, then go for any water cooler startup kit like delluser suggested... please dont take the corsairs as serious "watercoolers"... if it were my money i would go for a top air cooler for now and then gather all facts on proper water cooling before venturing to it...

intel1502

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010

Read post 3 and 5, these are the only options available to me.

intel1502

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
kk guys, im going to get the h50 becuase its cheaper and i can use the stock fan taht comes with the HAFx to go push/pull! thankyou all and i will pick the person who helped most to be "best answer"