Half Life (1) Source

I bought the half life 2 CD and have finished the game. I also own HL1. Do I
also need to buy HL1 Source??

Ta

Paul

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:42:41 GMT, "Paul H" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I bought the half life 2 CD and have finished the game. I also own HL1. Do I
>also need to buy HL1 Source??
>
>Ta
>
>Paul

Yes - the retail version equates to the "bronze" edition here

http://www.steampowered.com/

you should be able to pay a small upgrade fee ($10 I think) to upgrade
to the "silver", which includes HL1 source, amongst others. Check your
"browse games" option in Steam.

Read the site - its all there. If you have slow internet - you may
want to think twice - not sure how big the download would be. If you
have Broadband - you should be fine.

HTH
Cheers

Yojimbo
aka Justin Thompson

Very proud owner of:
3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
4 'I corrected Daemon points'
5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
10 AGHL "I sure slapped those fools down points"

"Justin Thompson" <Justin.Thompson@removethisntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:42:41 GMT, "Paul H" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I bought the half life 2 CD and have finished the game. I also own HL1. Do
>>also need to buy HL1 Source??
>>
>>Ta
>>
>>Paul
>>

> Yes - the retail version equates to the "bronze" edition here
>
> http://www.steampowered.com/
>
> you should be able to pay a small upgrade fee ($10 I think) to upgrade
> to the "silver", which includes HL1 source, amongst others. Check your
> "browse games" option in Steam.
>
> Read the site - its all there. If you have slow internet - you may
> want to think twice - not sure how big the download would be. If you
> have Broadband - you should be fine.
>
> HTH
> Cheers

Thanks for that Justin. The trouble is, next to all the offers shown, the
following message appears:

"Thank you!
You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only one HL2
offer may be purchased per Steam account."

What the heck does that mean? I can't see anything I can click on to buy HL
Source :O(

Cheers,

Paul

Paul H wrote:

>>http://www.steampowered.com/
>>
>>you should be able to pay a small upgrade fee ($10 I think) to upgrade
>>to the "silver", which includes HL1 source, amongst others. Check your
>>"browse games" option in Steam.

This is slightly innacurate, you can only upgrade if you got your Bronze
edition from the ATI XT voucher. otherwise upgrading isn't an option (yet).

> Thanks for that Justin. The trouble is, next to all the offers shown, the
> following message appears:
>
> "Thank you!
> You have already purchased Half-Life 2 on Steam. At present, only one HL2
> offer may be purchased per Steam account."
>
> What the heck does that mean? I can't see anything I can click on to buy HL
> Source :O(

At the moment you can't upgrade your HL2 package. various Valve people
have said on the Steampowered forums that the option will be added at
some point.. Just gotta be patient for the moment i'm afraid! (Maybe
when DoD:S comes out..?)

To be honest, if you only want HL:S, then you're not missing alot.. the
game hasn't been re-mastered in the same way that CS:S has.... no new
textures/sounds/etc.. the new source engine only offers limited
improvements.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

> At the moment you can't upgrade your HL2 package. various Valve people
> have said on the Steampowered forums that the option will be added at some
> point.. Just gotta be patient for the moment i'm afraid! (Maybe when
> DoD:S comes out..?)
>
> To be honest, if you only want HL:S, then you're not missing alot.. the
> game hasn't been re-mastered in the same way that CS:S has.... no new
> textures/sounds/etc.. the new source engine only offers limited
> improvements.

Thanks Ben, very helpful :O)

Paul