Hard drive help

Super_Jim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hello there, I have had this problem for some time now, involving two other forum posts. My original problem was that my windows alerts was saying that my hard drive driver wasn't working correctly. It wanted me to go to Marvell's website and download a version compatible with my PC. By the way, I made my PC, and I have a ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Motherboard and a WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive. Anyway, I didn't know what Marvell was, or if I really need to do anything about this. So I asked here, and the through that I was told to go to asus's website and download the newest version of my SATA driver. So I did, THEN I couldn't figure out how to install the darn thing so I posted ANOTHER forum. So then he told me to un-zip it and just run the setup folder and I should be good! Now we have arrived at the present! Ok so When I run the setup, it wants me to install Intel Smart Connect Technology 3.0 X64 version 3.0.41.1571. I click next, I accept the terms in the license, next,then it asks me what features I want installed, either iSCTagent or iSCTgui. I got stumped here but I clicked next anyways...:D then it says ready to install? I say install and right away it brings up a error saying, platform check failed: unsupported hardware. I click ok, and it says, baca use of a error, this cannot be installed at this time.

Phew! All done. Now I don't know what do do, and I just want this to be over with.

Please help!

Super_Jim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Ok I did all that, I downloaded the file, extracted it, but when I went into it there where two files one that said driver, the other, install. I just went into install. I clicked on asus setup and it took me through installing. This Marvell Magni Driver, the description says Marvell 91XX WHQL Driver. And it installed.
Did I do everything ok? Is that it?
If it is then thanks a billion! If it's not......just tell me....I guess.....
But thanks anyway! :)