[SOLVED] Have i lowered/damaged my cpu

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
Hello, i built my pc 2 days ago, yesterday i ran a cinebench multicore test, since by default ryzen fans do not work over 50% (i think) , my cpu temp has gotten to 102.5 degrees celsius, the temp was above 100c for about idk 6-7-8 secs probably, i measured the temps with ryzen master.
My question is, have i lowered the maximum power of my cpu or have i damaged it any way.
Cpu is ryzen 5 3600 not oced with stock cooler.

Solution
There's no such thing as a 50% fan limit on Ryzen the fan speed is controlled by the motherboard and should ramp to 100% if needed.

It's not likely you damaged the cpu in such a short amount of time since if you did it would likely be dead.

You need to fix your heat issue though because either your cpu cooler or case cooling is not good...possibly both are inadequate.
There's no such thing as a 50% fan limit on Ryzen the fan speed is controlled by the motherboard and should ramp to 100% if needed.

It's not likely you damaged the cpu in such a short amount of time since if you did it would likely be dead.

You need to fix your heat issue though because either your cpu cooler or case cooling is not good...possibly both are inadequate.

Solution

Tejama

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019

I have fixed the heating problem with argus monitor, i can now hear the fan working on 100%, couldnt hear that before, the heating problem is no more existent. The temps dont go above 70 degrees c in gaming now so all is good, i just wanted to check if i have decreased a max power of my cpu

TRENDING THREADS