[SOLVED] having issues with clean installing windows 10

Jan 20, 2021
Is there a way to do a clean install of windows through BIOS because all the youtube tutorials do it by using a media creation thing. When i plug my usb flash drive in, it says i have to format it but ive been told to not format it. What do i do? im not experienced with computers and just want to reset my pc because im having some issues on it. Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Is your system a "pre-built" system, say from Dell, HP, etc.

If so, and the system is currently booting normally, you can likely go in and do a "reset" of the PC to "straight from the factory" condition (at least in terms of software).

Q1: What PC/laptop/etc. do you have?

Q2: You said you're "having some issues on it. " In just 2 or 3 sentences describe, in a general sense, what your problems are. I'm asking this only to see if your current problems might be severe enough to stop you from doing a factory reset.
Jan 20, 2021
Is there a way to do a clean install of windows through BIOS because all the youtube tutorials do it by using a media creation thing. When i plug my usb flash drive in, it says i have to format it but ive been told to not format it. What do i do? im not experienced with computers and just want to reset my pc because im having some issues on it. Any help would be appreciated
Now im getting an issue where the usb flash driver isnt being 'recognised'. any way to fix this?

mrpete2

Honorable
Aug 9, 2017
Is your system a "pre-built" system, say from Dell, HP, etc.

If so, and the system is currently booting normally, you can likely go in and do a "reset" of the PC to "straight from the factory" condition (at least in terms of software).

Q1: What PC/laptop/etc. do you have?

Q2: You said you're "having some issues on it. " In just 2 or 3 sentences describe, in a general sense, what your problems are. I'm asking this only to see if your current problems might be severe enough to stop you from doing a factory reset.

Solution