Question Having two different brand M.2 ssd causing issue?

Nov 28, 2021
Hi this is the first time posting here so I hope I'm not causing an issue. I'm having an issue with my desktop where it will randomly lockup without warning. I've tried reinstalling the OS (Win10 pro x64) several times but it still happens. I wanted to ask if having my OS drive on one brand of M.2 and my installs on another M.2 cause problems. They each needed a different driver to work and was wanting to see if that could be what is causing the issue. Should I replace the install drive to be the same brand as the OS drive?

OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
Motherboard MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37)
Physical Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (x2)
Disk Drive
INTEL SSDPEKNW010T8 1TB
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (C:)

Nov 28, 2021
drive branding will have nothing to do with booting or operating.

what do you mean by "lock up"?
system just freezing what's on screen, blue screening, black screen, "no signal" messages?

run a few rounds of MEMTEST and CHKDSK and see if any warnings are reported from either.
I've run both basic and advanced memtest as well ask chkdsk. By lokc up I mean that suddenly thing stop responding. Programs don't react to commands and everything acts like its stuck partly opened. Another thing that happens is that when i use the task bar right click to open the task manager the task manager button from the right click menu stay showing even thought he rest of the menu has disappeared. I've check the event lofs and it doesn't show anything is amiss. To clear the problem I either have to hit the restart button or hold the power button to power off the machine. I was originally asking if having the driver for an intel M.2 and a Sumsung M.2 for each hhd cause problems.

MeO123

Commendable
Oct 28, 2019
So it's like to get out of freeze you need to restart the system or you actually can do something?
Did you checked/updated your drivers?
I would recommend to test your main components with - Prime95 (CPU and PSU), Pass Mark (GPU). Try to post the results here.