Joeladam02

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
OK. I'm looking for an internal Capture Card that accepts HD signal.
I currently pay for a bunch of HD channels from the cable company, and decided I would like to record a few things once in a while, like sports games, etc. I DO NOT WANT TO RENT A DVR FROM THE CABLE COMPANY!

Now the scenario...
I have a 40" 1080p LCD TV that receives the signal from the digital cable box via hdmi. I want to be able to continue watching TV on it, while I'm recording another show on the PC via the capture card. The capture card absolutely has to record in 1080i, which is what my cable company broadcasts my HD channels in.
I'm not sure how to connect this, and after reading several different pages on the web I've noticed a lot of outdated and conflicting information, which has only made me more confused.
I am using an nVidia 9800GTX+, and would really like to avoid replacing it with an AVIVO card just to record TV once in a while.

So would the cable signal from the wall go directly to the capture card?
Or would it first go to the cable box, and then through an output of some sort (preferably HDMI) to the capture card?
As far as I know, to get 1080i/1080p, the signal would have to be carried through DVI or HDMI. Do they make capture cards with an HDMI input? If not, do digital cable boxes output more than one signal at a time, so that I could have the signal going to the tuner/capture card with one cable, and the lcdtv with the other cable?

Another thing I don't understand is that most of the tuner cards I've found state "OTA (over-the-air) Recording". Is this OTA recording also true for the capture cards? I dont' need a tuner, I pay a lot for good cable. I only need a way to record and edit the tv from my cable box to my PC. When I insert my digital cable into the tuner or capture card, will it record? Or will they only record OTA transmissions?

Also, if anyone is familiar with Justin.tv, how could I broadcast things to a private audience? Would I need a tuner card, or just a capture card?
Do capture cards broadcast, or just record?

I know I have a lot of questions. But after reading on the subject for hours, I have been unable to come to any real conclusions. Hopefully you guys here can help.

rehatman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

Dear Sir,

You can choose our 4 channel Hdmi capture card,and insert your pc , the game box hdmi cable connect it, the vga or dvi
display card connected TV.

so you can use our usb and express card for notebook, and like above slove it.

Four channel 1080P HDMI CATURE CARD
The welconn HDMI Capture card CB-HDMI001 is an update version of HD1080p card capturing and recording High Definition video sources on your desktop PC , It provides with only HDMI interface that can connect with kinds of high definition video equipments with HDMI cable. This Video Capture Card supports digital sources as DV camera, game console, HD STB and other HDMI digital input devices. It meets high-quality picture transfer requirements, can compress real-time digital video to MPEG-2,MPEG-4,and MOV files. HD1080p HD Video Capture Card is your ideal built-in video capture device!

http://rehatman2011.cn.alibaba.com

Dimension 121×133×23(mm)
weight 73g
OS support Windows XP SP2
interface PCI Express x 1
Fittings: Hdmi card;CD-ROM(ArcSoft ShowBizEnglish use guide.;HDMI Cable;
Save format: MPEG2;MP4;H264 MOV;H264;
Video format 480P;720P;1080i;1080P
environment OS ;Windows XP SP2 above(32 / 64bit)
CPU ; Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz above
Memory ; 1GB RAM above
VGA Card ; 128MB above DirectX 9.0 above
GPU ; NVIDIA Geforce 8XXX above
ATI Radeon HD 4XXXabove
HDD ; 1GB above
resolution 1920×1080; - 30FPS
1920×1080i - 60FPS
1280×720 - 60FPS
720×480 - 60FPS
720×480i - 60FPS
machine PS3;Xbox 360; Blu-ray Film Display;PC HDMI,SET TOP box, broadcasting,CT machine and digital camcorders;Sony v8 , HI8 , D8 interface.

other: 4 channel HDMI interface,support HDCP ;
1080p 30fps have perfect performance by player;(PS3 use 1080i;

Size: 158×158×38(mm) / 165g
guarantee:1 years
software support:ARCSOFT license software,support Direct Show, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5;Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder;Microsoft Media Encoder&;AMCap;VLC Media Player, Ulead Video Studio X4 above software.

1.Your valid phone number is very necessary for the shipping, otherwise we can't guarantee that the package would safely arrives.
2. Any Customs tax applied to this package should be covered by buyers.
We have HDMI+DVI+VGA product for you next.

kevin su 苏平虎

创博国际贸易(上海)有限公司
WELCONN ENTERPRISE CO., LIMITED
Room 703,No.12 Lane 8,Hekan country,Bantian Longgang Distric,Shenzhen,P.R.China
Mobile:+86 15013827052 0755-89350199
Mail:rehatman@126.com
http://rehatman2011.cn.alibaba.com
QQ:591377648 msn:linux_java_ejb@hotmail.com