[SOLVED] HDMI 2.0 port on laptop to DisplayPort 1.2 (or DVI-D) Monitor for 144Hz?

SaltyGamer

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
www.tijdvoorbier.nl
Hello there,

I have a Lenovo P1 (gen 1) which has an HDMI 2.0 port. I'm hooking this up to my ASUS VG248QE, which is a 144Hz monitor and has DP 1.2.
However, the HDMI version that the monitor has, does not support 144Hz, but the DP and DVI on it do.
  • Question: Is there an adapter that works so that it converts the HDMI 2.0 signal to either DP 1.2 or DVI-D, that works with 144Hz?
    (Preferably DVI-D, since my PC is hooked up to the DP port for gaming.)
Right now I'm using it over HDMI with 60Hz, and being used to that smooth 144Hz, it kinda hurts my eyes.
A real first world problem, I'm aware. But I'm just curious if it exists.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello there,

I have a Lenovo P1 (gen 1) which has an HDMI 2.0 port. I'm hooking this up to my ASUS VG248QE, which is a 144Hz monitor and has DP 1.2.
However, the HDMI version that the monitor has, does not support 144Hz, but the DP and DVI on it do.
  • Question: Is there an adapter that works so that it converts the HDMI 2.0 signal to either DP 1.2 or DVI-D, that works with 144Hz?
    (Preferably DVI-D, since my PC is hooked up to the DP port for gaming.)
Right now I'm using it over HDMI with 60Hz, and being used to that smooth 144Hz, it kinda hurts my eyes.
A real first world problem, I'm aware. But I'm just curious if it exists.

Thanks in advance! :)
an active dvid converter would be the one you need in order to get the refersh rate.