Question HDMI: "Input Not Supported" but VGA Works??

JudithWright

Commendable
Oct 5, 2021
PC Specs:

CPU:
Intel Pentium Gold G6405 4.1GHz 4MB Desktop Processor

Motherboard: MSI B460M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (mATX, 10th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1200 Socket)

SSD: Lite-On 128GB Sata m.2 SSD

GPU: (optional): NVIDIA NVS 310

I am trying to install Windows on this system, but there is no display when I use HDMI (I have tried two different cables that were working fine before this).

There is a message on the Computer Monitor that say "Input Not Supported"

I tried installing NVIDIA NVS 310 graphics processor and used an DisplayPort to HDMI adapter but still no display.

I thought that might get around the issue, but that still didn't work.

The strange part is that I tried using a VGA cable - and that works normally. Monitor has a visible display.

Why would nothing work with an HDMI cable?

Can this be fixed?

PC Specs:

CPU:
Intel Pentium Gold G6405 4.1GHz 4MB Desktop Processor

Motherboard: MSI B460M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (mATX, 10th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1200 Socket)

SSD: Lite-On 128GB Sata m.2 SSD

GPU: (optional): NVIDIA NVS 310

I am trying to install Windows on this system, but there is no display when I use HDMI (I have tried two different cables that were working fine before this).

There is a message on the Computer Monitor that say "Input Not Supported"

I tried installing NVIDIA NVS 310 graphics processor and used an DisplayPort to HDMI adapter but still no display.

I thought that might get around the issue, but that still didn't work.

The strange part is that I tried using a VGA cable - and that works normally. Monitor has a visible display.

Why would nothing work with an HDMI cable?

Can this be fixed?
Display to HDMI 98% of the time won't work on install I don't know why but most of the time display port is deactivated during install from my experience if you have a HDMI port on the GPU id try that