Question HDMI port on GeForce GTX 1660 Super stopped working

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I've been using the HDMI port on my ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB for a while to connect to my Sony STR-DN1030 AV receiver, but for the last couple of days the HDMI connection seems to be dead. The Nvidia Control Panel shows "No audio capable display available" for the HDMI port. I've tried replacing the HDMI cable but it didn't help. If I unplug one of my Displayport devices and use a DP-to-HDMI adapter I can connect to the AV receiver without any issues, so the issue is not with the receiver or HDMI cable.
I'd previously had issues recently with the PC not being able to re-connect to the receiver if I had temporarily changed the input source on the receiver - e.g. temporarily changing it to "Network" (the PC is connected to the "Game" input). Only a reboot would allow me to reconnect the PC to the receiver (on the receiver's Game input). Before rebooting, the receiver was not listed as a Sound Output device in Settings.
I'm running Windows 11 Pro 23H2.
I'm using v31.0.15.3623 of the driver for the display adapter.
Any advice for how to diagnose/resolve this?

Fresh install the latest nvidia.com driver
eventually use ddu uninstaller if the fresh driver install still doesn't work.

Maybe it's coincidental that it is working via dp. How long did you test this adaption?

Can you check the HDMI with a different audio device, like TV?