HDMI to VGA adapter not working when its plugged in GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak_

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
i got VGA monitor only and i want to connect it to video card witch got only HDMI,DVI-D and display port, my HDMI to VGA adapter is not working(black screen).
Monitor is working on intel graphics,any solutions?
(i checked if hdmi port is working on my tv)
my rig:
GIGABYTE H110M-S2
gtx 1050 2gb
i3-6100
8 ram

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
https://www.amazon.com/NiceCable-DVI-VGA-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01KOF4ER0/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8ENWRJ7W31WG5GPP4WSM
NiceCable DVI to VGA, DVI 24+1 DVI-D to VGA Active Adapter Converter Cable, for PC, DVD, Monitor, HDTV

Novak_

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
You need to buy Display port to VGA adapter and it will solve problem,only that adapter work!!!!

Jul 26, 2020
I have same problem :( I have Vega 64 and hdmi to vga not working :/ GPU working with only hdmi if I buy display to vga maybe its work?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have same problem :( I have Vega 64 and hdmi to vga not working :/ GPU working with only hdmi if I buy display to vga maybe its work?

Any adapters have to say active on the product (and some cheap ones simply lie). HDMI is digital and VGA is analog, so there has to be an active conversion. I can't comment on your HDMI to VGA adapter because you've provided no information or links for it. Do so, but in another thread; new problems need new threads rather than resurrecting threads from years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.