Status
Not open for further replies.

owsie

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
Oi oi.
Recently got a new monitor with HDR Vesa support. (LG UltraGear 27GP850 Quad HD)
When I use ANY internet browser on that particular monitor, it appears very blown out, as shown in the screenshot. I'm surprised I can even get a screengrab of it at all.

It does this at random intervals seemingly, which makes browsing websites impossible.
The monitor has been calibrated and as mentioned, the issue is ONLY when using internet browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and my main browser Opera.

Currently running Nvidia's latest Studio Drivers 511.17 (At time of posting)
Unfortunately there is no mention of it online, and Opera have been slow to reply in support.

Before It Screws:
y4m8RBeo6Mqe7tKIMtISh3ya-yf6N_n60Ps5JNxkfZ-BCQ7PrH-RgevS0uLVLNY11dyKsg5LgLZ0rFIkw4h31FSLehDIDvyzKz_4JjgiYgLWjHdyVbuXVqkTOoqZ7NS7SeFrPToTtW0C4yLJ56nY5TJL_Z6Nc0353-4MAF8Ty2VzaoaC0Nh36lYMzFuojR4FuAK

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////And After/In-Progress://////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
y4mQ8xb_A8G2dHNsuTZQMOP646aMEJig_ohpZA3pQOI6bgLBZvLh6m553BtZTpFLawfz7ybjfAsbe2TqtvqWfIxQHG7yINxBTcXpdKOrKoC5-F93_coh3875s5jvk-ly9VZDtVj32hjC0tU0BEQybmyBWbkwoxN3s_iF8yYyogNlEDFBn_gksXSzfxhYKUU6AN0

SOS.

Solution
after shot looks like what happens when Windows can't handle HDR correctly.
had similar issues with an MSI Optix HDR display.

desktop would appear this way at random times, but turning HDR off/on would correct the issue.
also had issue in games where HDR colors would be off; sometimes too greenish, sometimes too reddish, and sometimes with contrast issues where the screen would be way darker than it should. cycling HDR off/on would also correct those problems.

i returned the monitor due to some other issues but i'm much happier with my non-HDR high DCI-P3 % monitor as my main display.

currently also have an HDR LG CX TV connected and very few times i've noticed some similar problems but nowhere near as extreme.
turning HDR off/on in...
after shot looks like what happens when Windows can't handle HDR correctly.
had similar issues with an MSI Optix HDR display.

desktop would appear this way at random times, but turning HDR off/on would correct the issue.
also had issue in games where HDR colors would be off; sometimes too greenish, sometimes too reddish, and sometimes with contrast issues where the screen would be way darker than it should. cycling HDR off/on would also correct those problems.

i returned the monitor due to some other issues but i'm much happier with my non-HDR high DCI-P3 % monitor as my main display.

currently also have an HDR LG CX TV connected and very few times i've noticed some similar problems but nowhere near as extreme.
turning HDR off/on in Windows also corrects this.

Windows just doesn't seem to be the best at handling HDR correctly some of the time.

Solution

owsie

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
didn't really expect it to help in this situation but the DCH drivers are usually reported to be more stable in general.

this has always been more of an issue with Windows that i've encountered rather than monitor hardware or 3rd party drivers.
if you're using Windows 10, maybe try searching for users commenting if 11 supports HDR better.
I'll give that a go, thanks.
Don't think I'd ever see myself using 11 just to stop my browser being blown out, but it'll be interesting to see.

owsie

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
This issue seemed to solve itself over time with no changes made.
Still appears blown out when trying to capture a screenshot, but seems to have gone away besides that.

Status
Not open for further replies.