Feb 20, 2020
Recently i switched at AMD from Intel old Xeon 5470X for gaming and i got an B450 Gaming Plus from MSI a Ryzen 2600X and BallistiX Tactical RGB so from 2 days i am trying to turn on my PC and nothing happends no fans, no lights , dead but when i pull out CPU the MB turns on even with RAM but nothing more

The things i tried allready
-PSU is good because MB without CPU turns on and i tried multimeter at it and seems to be good ( Aerocool 550w Lux RGB )

-Pull everything out and make a try with CPU and MB = Nothing happends

-Without CPU : MB turns ON

-Triple Check at connectors

-Cleared BIOS multiple times

-Updated BIOS to recent version via flashback button on MB

-MB and CPU are used and got from second hand

Thanks.

Solution
Hello there thanks for answer actually i don't have any other CPU's to test them the guy said it was working before and said i can retourn it and he will refund me i also contacted local PC service and i will try to take it tommorow to test it

And yes it is installed properly the 8 pin cable ( 4+4 ) are connected to bottom left at MB

View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/LESjzYX

If the guy who sold the CPU to you confirmed it worked before shipment then yeah test that board at the shop and see what's up with it. Don't return the CPU just yet if you were planning on it.

But let's not throw out the possibility of the PSU being bad, perhaps the rails are defective in a sense that it doesn't power...
Sounds like the CPU is bad, I recommend getting another CPU to test it on the board and if it works then return that broken CPU if you can. If it still doesn't turn on then there's an issue with your MB socket.
Can you also confirm the CPU power cable is installed properly into the MB?

Reactions: KrejzolPL
Hello there thanks for answer actually i don't have any other CPU's to test them the guy said it was working before and said i can retourn it and he will refund me i also contacted local PC service and i will try to take it tommorow to test it

And yes it is installed properly the 8 pin cable ( 4+4 ) are connected to bottom left at MB

View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/LESjzYX

If the guy who sold the CPU to you confirmed it worked before shipment then yeah test that board at the shop and see what's up with it. Don't return the CPU just yet if you were planning on it.

But let's not throw out the possibility of the PSU being bad, perhaps the rails are defective in a sense that it doesn't power the CPU and the board properly at the same time. So bring the PSU along with you too, gotta check all options.

Solution