Question Help any super flower owner, or psu experts!!

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
my super flower 650w gold modular keep blinking the mb rgb and usb peripherials, it happens with the back switch turned off, like it should cut eletricity with switch in off position right? (i've already returned one cause of this, the second is the same wtf), it never happened with my old evga 600b

Do you have any powered USB hubs connected?

I had a cheap powered USB hub that would back feed power into the USB ports and cause flashing like that.

With the switch off there would be no power going into the unit, thus it would be impossible for it to power your system for more than a short period of time while the caps drain.

Reactions: spohr77

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Do you have any powered USB hubs connected?

I had a cheap powered USB hub that would back feed power into the USB ports and cause flashing like that.

With the switch off there would be no power going into the unit, thus it would be impossible for it to power your system for more than a short period of time while the caps drain.
I donn' t use usb Hub, Just mouse, keyboard, and a soundboxe, If i unplug everything It Just blinks the Motherboard rgb, i changed cables, wall outlets, the Motherboard battery, idk, i'm in a 3rd change from the rma, im about to get q refund

I donn' t use usb Hub, Just mouse, keyboard, and a soundboxe, If i unplug everything It Just blinks the Motherboard rgb, i changed cables, wall outlets, the Motherboard battery, idk, i'm in a 3rd change from the rma, im about to get q refund

Yeah. Not all PSUs have bleed resistors on the bulk cap, and even when they do, they can fail. Probably have just enough charge in the bulk cap to keep some LEDs lit.

If you press the power button on the case a couple times while the PSU is "off" and see if it stops. If it does, that's the "problem".

Also, fix your post's title. I didn't bother responding to it this morning because I initially thought you were just trying to start a Super Flower fan club and not actually trying to troubleshoot a problem.

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Yeah. Not all PSUs have bleed resistors on the bulk cap, and even when they do, they can fail. Probably have just enough charge in the bulk cap to keep some LEDs lit.

If you press the power button on the case a couple times while the PSU is "off" and see if it stops. If it does, that's the "problem".

Also, fix your post's title. I didn't bother responding to it this morning because I initially thought you were just trying to start a Super Flower fan club and not actually trying to troubleshoot a problem.
I tried this Power Button thing, even after hours with the switch in off position, even after the whole night in off position, pressing again to try this drain thing, i tried change mb battery, even without It, i tried other cables and all

Funny thing is, i already send 2 to rma, im on my 3rd psu, and yes, ALL of them were sealed

Time to consider a different brand?

If the caps are discharged and the USB devices unplugged and the PSU is in the "off" position, and you're still getting power through the +5VSB even hours after letting it sit, it's obvious that the switch is faulty. And depending on where you're getting these Super Flower's RMA'd, they could all be coming from the same lot code and all potentially have the same issue.

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021

If the caps are discharged and the USB devices unplugged and the PSU is in the "off" position, and you're still getting power through the +5VSB even hours after letting it sit, it's obvious that the switch is faulty. And depending on where you're getting these Super Flower's RMA'd, they could all be coming from the same lot code and all potentially have the same issue.
yep, i guess thats what i'm about to do. im gonna get a refund and then find another, i paid 560 reais for this super flower. Which should i look for?, a 650w core reactor is around 750 reais here, corsairs gold 650w is above 800, i saw recently some new seasonic line for sale here, seasonic core gx 650w gold full modular, but is kinda too cheap, like 480 reais
Out of curiosity, does the switch make a tactile click noise?
yes

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021

thats what i thought, i paid like 560 reais for this model, for example a 650w core reactor is 720 reais, corsairs gold line are even higher. i saw recently a new seasonic line for sale, seasonic core gx line, the 650w gold of this line costs like 480 reais, its weird beeing this cheap compared to the others. I was thinking, maybe there is a reason why they are selling some gold models cheaper, but mine superflowers were all sealed 100%, like they must have a big amount of this faulty psus in stock, and most of ppl don't switch it off, they will never notice this lol

but mine superflowers were all sealed 100%

Doesn't matter if they're "sealed 100%". Defective products DO leave the factory 100% sealed. Faulty power switches are easily missed as it's not something they really test in production.

And since you're in Brazil, it's very likely that all of the PSUs are from the same container since the taxes are so high there, most companies tend to just ship one container at a time to a particular distributor. If you had record of the serial numbers of the two you already returned versus the one you have now, I bet they're very close together in numbers.

Also: You get what you pay for.

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Doesn't matter if they're "sealed 100%". Defective products DO leave the factory 100% sealed. Faulty power switches are easily missed as it's not something they really test in production.

And since you're in Brazil, it's very likely that all of the PSUs are from the same container since the taxes are so high there, most companies tend to just ship one container at a time to a particular distributor. If you had record of the serial numbers of the two you already returned versus the one you have now, I bet they're very close together in numbers.

Also: You get what you pay for.
im leaned to pay those extra 200reais to get the core reactor, what do you think? speaking of gold, preferencialy modular psu

im leaned to pay those extra 200reais to get the core reactor, what do you think? speaking of gold, preferencialy modular psu

Well. please keep in mind that "Gold" is just a level of efficiency, ok? A lot of people get stuck in the trap of "Gold means better quality than Bronze and if it's Gold it's going to be less problematic."

It's not as good as the Corsair RMx, but if it's a lot cheaper... and it is much better than the Superflower, and WAY WAY better than the Seasonic Core, then I don't see why not.

spohr77

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Well. please keep in mind that "Gold" is just a level of efficiency, ok? A lot of people get stuck in the trap of "Gold means better quality than Bronze and if it's Gold it's going to be less problematic."

It's not as good as the Corsair RMx, but if it's a lot cheaper... and it is much better than the Superflower, and WAY WAY better than the Seasonic Core, then I don't see why not.
What about the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA, 650W, 80 Plus Gold, Modular?