[SOLVED] HELP!! AVR FUSE KEEPS BLOWING UP!

Jul 11, 2020
Hi! So my Aunt who is from the United States sent a desktop computer to us to help my mother for her Work From home. The problem is we live in the Philippines (in Asia) where the voltage is much higher... when I plug the computer in the A.V.R and try to start it up... the fuse of the A.V.R keeps blowing up or popping... now I don't know what to do please help! 😭

Ralston18

Titan
A.V.R. being. Automatic Voltage Regulator - correct?

What make and model AVR and what make and model desktop computer?

Fuses blow because of high current flows likely due to some electrical short.

What electrical voltage is being supplied to your home?

Based on a quick google search I expect that you have 220 volt service.

On the desktop, on the back, is there a small red switch to select voltage?

If no switch, are you able to open the computer's case (power down and unplug first) to get the make, model, and wattage of the PSU?

Jul 11, 2020
A.V.R. being. Automatic Voltage Regulator - correct?

What make and model AVR and what make and model desktop computer?

Fuses blow because of high current flows likely due to some electrical short.

What electrical voltage is being supplied to your home?

Based on a quick google search I expect that you have 220 volt service.

On the desktop, on the back, is there a small red switch to select voltage?

If no switch, are you able to open the computer's case (power down and unplug first) to get the make, model, and wattage of the PSU?
1. Yes. It's an automatic Voltage Regulator

2. AVR is a simple rectangular box (It's a famous and most commonly used here in the Philippines) with a 220V (I'll put a link of what it looks like)PIC OF THE AVR

3. We 220V being supplied in our home.

4. Yes I see a red switch that says 15

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi! So my Aunt who is from the United States sent a desktop computer to us to help my mother for her Work From home. The problem is we live in the Philippines (in Asia) where the voltage is much higher... when I plug the computer in the A.V.R and try to start it up... the fuse of the A.V.R keeps blowing up or popping... now I don't know what to do please help! 😭
Does the power supply on the PC say it supports 220VAC ? Or does it have a little red switch that changes the input voltage from 120 to 240VAC ?