[SOLVED] Help! Bios rom seems corrupted

Urgenthell123

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
I am trying to update my pc mate b350 that has the bios version: e7a34ams.a60 to the latest one but it keeps giving me the error "bios rom seems corrupted" I've tried a lot of things I've found on the internet I've tried a different USB different bios version and a lot more but I can't seem to fix it could anyone help me?

Solution
Reason for BIOS update was?

Updating BIOS isn't something you can do on a whim. BIOS update, as such, is only viable when you know for a fact that newer BIOS fixes the specific issue you have with your PC. (E.g if i want to use Kaby Lake CPU with my Z170 chipset MoBo, i need to update my MoBo BIOS.) If there are no issues, there is no reason, what-so-ever, to update BIOS. Just because you "can" update BIOS doesn't mean that you "have to".

Most MoBos never get their BIOS updated and work fine until they are obsolete. Also, do note that when BIOS update would be interrupted for whatever reason (e.g power loss), your MoBo will be bricked since PC won't run when MoBo has corrupt BIOS. And only fix is MoBo...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

Updating BIOS isn't something you can do on a whim. BIOS update, as such, is only viable when you know for a fact that newer BIOS fixes the specific issue you have with your PC. (E.g if i want to use Kaby Lake CPU with my Z170 chipset MoBo, i need to update my MoBo BIOS.) If there are no issues, there is no reason, what-so-ever, to update BIOS. Just because you "can" update BIOS doesn't mean that you "have to".

Most MoBos never get their BIOS updated and work fine until they are obsolete. Also, do note that when BIOS update would be interrupted for whatever reason (e.g power loss), your MoBo will be bricked since PC won't run when MoBo has corrupt BIOS. And only fix is MoBo replacement. If lucky, you can roll back the BIOS update, if your MoBo has that feature.

This here is what i call a life's tax.

Solution

Urgenthell123

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020

Most MoBos never get their BIOS updated and work fine until they are obsolete. Also, do note that when BIOS update would be interrupted for whatever reason (e.g power loss), your MoBo will be bricked since PC won't run when MoBo has corrupt BIOS. And only fix is MoBo replacement. If lucky, you can roll back the BIOS update, if your MoBo has that feature.

This here is what i call a life's tax.
I need to update my bios because i recently bought a 2600x which is not supported on the bios version im currently on

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Okay.

Though, there are some prerequisites before installing newer BIOSes, like needing to update AMD chipset driver. Also, latest BIOS is beta version, and not the full, stable release.
Your MoBo BIOSes: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/b350-pc-mate/support#down-bios

In any event, what you now have, is dead MoBo, which can't be replaced with RMA. Here, i suggest you go with B450 or X470 chipset MoBo, so that you don't have to update MoBo BIOS again, to run your Ryzen 2000-series CPU.