Help choosing 120mm case fans

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

socialfox

Distinguished
Okay for your purpose, I'm going to narrow it down to the Thunderblade and Sickleflow. Forget Coolmax, they are not really a good brand.

Edit: Gave it some thought, I am leaning a bit towards the thunderblade. I have them on my radiator and it works quite well. Gave me a nice cut a few months ago when I tried to stop it :lol:

Edit 2: Okay forgot to add, they are on the noisy side though...the sickleflow is still a viable option, my reason for the thunderblade was preference since I owned it, others may not agree though but like I said it was my preference. In truth, I don't own Sickleflows but from what I hear they are good.

So now my friend, pick your choice of the two :)

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Sounds good alright, I'm thinking the Sickleflow will be a good pick? The vendor selling the Sickleflow also has a special offer on the non-LED Cooler Master fans and they ship for less...

I guess I answered my own question!

EDIT: Ah alright I see your EDIT, any specific reasons for leaning towards the Thunderblade? Maybe they'll work better as my case is a Thermaltake as well? :lol:

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Yes 1 LED fan for the front only, 2 non-LED fans on the top and bottom mounts of the case. My case already comes with 1 LED fan at the rear so no need.

EDIT: You may remember me in the PM, we were talking about the FX-4300, gotta prepare that s**t for the heat haha! :lol:

socialfox

Distinguished

Of course I remember you :)
And don't worry, with that many fans your build will be cool. Just try to achieve higher cfm for all the intakes when compared to the exhaust fans. Positive pressure will keep the dust away.

socialfox

Distinguished

Hahaha :lol:
Like I mentioned above the thunderblades are a bit on the noisy side. I mean they do call it THUNDER for a reason :kaola:

Forde3654Eire

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Ah alright that definitely solves my question! I am planning to put the non-lit fans as exhaust fans, and they do indeed have lower CFM... so there we go! And the blue LED fan I already have hardly even exhausts air out so another win! :lol: