buttfacepooper

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
I just built a new computer about a month ago, and suddenly whenever i try to boot it it says Disk Boot Failure. Insert system disk. THen it freezes. There is a green light on the motherboard when i boot up, and I have checked that all cords are plugged in especially between the harddrive and motherboard. What is wrong? How do i fix?

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
bummer, did you install a new hd as well, as i've had this problem too. put together a new system, only to have it crash shortly thereafter. mine was due to a bad hd. replaced it and all was fine. also, what os are you using? sometimes re-installing os again will clear this up. and,AND, did you re-format your hd recently? if not, it's probably time. (that's what i do first anyway, when in doubt----format!!!)

i go for the easy solutions,others in the "know" will probably tell you exactly what's wrong!!!.....

like: what's your psu wattage? and, try a different mem. stick ( if available)..

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toester on 01/21/03 04:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>