saint666

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
I have an HTPC with following setup:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz,
Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Display Panasonic TX-58DX902B 58 Inch 4K HDR Ultra HD (https://www.panasonic.com/uk/support/discontinued-products/televisions/tx-58dx902b.html )
A/V Receiver Anthem MRX 720 (https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/type=av-receiver/model=mrx-720/page=overview )

Until recently I was running the recommended setup in windows as the HTPC was utilized for Audio and video purposes. However, I'm starting to run games on my HTPC and thus trying to figure best setup. I went to Panasonic website and it stated that this particular display has a frequency of 30Hz, but I'm not completely sure especially that the display is running through the AVR

Please note some of the relevant A/V specs:

4K Pass-Through with fast HDMI switching
HDCP 2.2
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
Dolby Vision™ Compatible
Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
BT.2020 Color Gamut
On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
4K 50/60 Switching

Nonetheless, on Windows, the recommended resolution is 3840x 2160. However, on both Windows and Nvidia Panel, there are drop menus to alter the frequency up to 60 and the resolution up to 4096x2160.

I'm really confused about what the proper setting should be in windows and would appreciate your help on this matter

Thanx

Last edited:
Solution
It doesn't say 30hz, it says 3000hz but that's interpolation not native. I can't seem to find a reputable source for native hz but one place did say 100/120. If you change compression, it may show 120hz if that's true. It does have hdmi 2.0 and it's not a budget model so it's safe to say it's definitely not 30hz. If you set to a higher hz and it can't do it, it wouldn't run it. You'd get a blank screen.

It's 3840x 2160. Setting a higher res will just get scaled.
It doesn't say 30hz, it says 3000hz but that's interpolation not native. I can't seem to find a reputable source for native hz but one place did say 100/120. If you change compression, it may show 120hz if that's true. It does have hdmi 2.0 and it's not a budget model so it's safe to say it's definitely not 30hz. If you set to a higher hz and it can't do it, it wouldn't run it. You'd get a blank screen.

It's 3840x 2160. Setting a higher res will just get scaled.

Solution