Help fixing Save As--it's broken!!!

XPPro SP2. One of my favorite ways to save a shortcut whose link I want to
preserve over time is to use the 3rd Choice down on the File>Save as
dialogue box which is "Save as .mht." I have tried to find out more about
this .mht and why it works on groups with little success. The last few days
I can't save as .mht or anthing else. I don't know how far back it's
started and want to fix another way besides using SR if I can.

I looked at this on Ramesh's site: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/PlacesBar.htm
but I think that has to do specificlaly with the places bar and won't help
me here.

Does anyone know of place where there is a fix for Save As dialogue box not
working?

Thanks,

Chad Harris

Save As was not "broken." I should have realized and hope I will remember
to look. Somehow it was saving everything to My Docs instead of the desktop
and I wasn't looking there.

This does give me the chance to link to an interesting app though--MHT Quick
Saver.

If anyone understands .mht well or has a link that would explain this
format, I'd appreciate it a lot. Using it seems to prevent shortcuts from
corrupting later, and will save shortcuts to your hard drive that are
discontinued.

www.sycory.com

http://www.sycory.com/mht_quick_saver.htm

Chad Harris

"Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
XPPro SP2. One of my favorite ways to save a shortcut whose link I want to
preserve over time is to use the 3rd Choice down on the File>Save as
dialogue box which is "Save as .mht." I have tried to find out more about
this .mht and why it works on groups with little success. The last few days
I can't save as .mht or anthing else. I don't know how far back it's
started and want to fix another way besides using SR if I can.

I looked at this on Ramesh's site: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/PlacesBar.htm
but I think that has to do specificlaly with the places bar and won't help
me here.

Does anyone know of place where there is a fix for Save As dialogue box not
working?

Thanks,

Chad Harris

Here is a link that might help on any file extension:
http://www.filext.com/ .
Gene K