[SOLVED] Help for RAID 0 on Aorus B560M Elite?

Jul 17, 2021
Hi, good morning, I make this post because I can't do RAID 0 on my Aorus mother and I'm looking for help please :) I really don't know what else to do ... I even updated the BIOS to the latest version ...

In BIOS, I go to "advanced configuration >>> configuration >>> IO ports >>> SATA and RST configuration"

I changed the option in Selection of SATA mode to "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane" and below in the option "Control RST PCIe storage devices" Change from "Auto" to "Manual" and when I set the option to manual it appears below "PCIe Storage Dev On Port 9" and it appears in gray with the option of "Not controlled by RST" and it cannot be changed, I have 2 SSD connected to the M.2 ports and only one port appears, port 9 and the lo worse is that the port is blocked I cannot change the port settings and the second M.2 port does not appear directly .....

I leave the above configured like this and when I go to the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" option, the "Create RAID volume" option does not appear, which should appear right there .... Help ... am I doing something wrong? Or did I miss something? Or maybe I am missing some component?

I have an intel i5 11400F and 2 SSD NVMe WD SN550 500gb ...

Sorry if it is not well understood, use google translate to translate this :(

Solution
Ok, thank you very much bazzy for the information that really helped me a lot, that RAID controller is too expensive, I better see if I install the operating system on the hard drive and do the RAID software with Windows 10 or if I buy a sata SSD for the operating system . .. you really helped me, I hope you have a good week nwn
If at ALL possible, please do a before and after test and post the results.

Before:
NVMe, no RAID

After:
NVMe + RAID 0 + OS on whatever drive

Details, please.
Not 'feels like' or artificial benchmarks...actual results in your specific files and applications.
The rest of the community here would welcome your results, either way it ends up.
Jul 17, 2021
"video editing".
At what level? Unless this is actual $$$$ movie production, and you are copying large blocks of data between two like configured arrays....."faster" beyond regular NVMe speed does not enter the picture.

Ok...
I work with videos of many hours of duration, some weigh more than 50GB and sometimes the 500GB SSDs are full to make a single edit, if there is more speed it works for me, anyway that is not the issue and I want to know if it can be done. to do RAID on my motherboard or not ... can you think of a solution? Thank you for reading

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
On B560 chipset PCIe Raid is not supported, so the what you have in mind will not work.

It is only supported on H,Q 570 and Z590

for more detailed explanation you can refer to this asus faq article ( this is same for all 500 series chipset motherboard, regardless of make)

the only way around would have been to purchase something like highpoint 7540 controller, which alone costs around 1000 bucks

Jul 17, 2021
On B560 chipset PCIe Raid is not supported, so the what you have in mind will not work.

It is only supported on H,Q 570 and Z590

for more detailed explanation you can refer to this asus faq article ( this is same for all 500 series chipset motherboard, regardless of make)

the only way around would have been to purchase something like highpoint 7540 controller, which alone costs around 1000 bucks
Ok, thank you very much bazzy for the information that really helped me a lot, that RAID controller is too expensive, I better see if I install the operating system on the hard drive and do the RAID software with Windows 10 or if I buy a sata SSD for the operating system . .. you really helped me, I hope you have a good week nwn

USAFRet

Titan
If at ALL possible, please do a before and after test and post the results.

Before:
NVMe, no RAID

After:
NVMe + RAID 0 + OS on whatever drive

Details, please.
Not 'feels like' or artificial benchmarks...actual results in your specific files and applications.
The rest of the community here would welcome your results, either way it ends up.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What program are you using?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7zI7MYSY_0&t=280s