Question Help Installing new Cooling System

Nov 17, 2021
Hello, I'm having some problems with the cooling system that came with my iBuyPower PC.

It's a Gaming ELIBG101, and the specs are as following:

Case: iBUYPOWER Element PRO ARGB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700F Processor (8x 3.00GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: ASRock B365M IB-R
Memory: 16GB DDR4-2666MHz
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Power Supply: 600 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System
Storage: 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Recently, I've had a rattling/grinding sound coming from the PC, which I originally suspected where the fans, but soon realized was the cooler's radiator.

My temps also have been spiking recently, but never high enough for a full PC shutdown.

When my CPU usage spikes above 65%, the rattling/grinding sound begins to happen and stays consistent until the cpu usage goes down.

I was recommended to purchase a new cooling system, so I got the [Corsair Hydro Series H60 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 120mm Radiator, 120mm SP Series PWM Fan]

However, I'm very inept at working on PC internals, and have no idea how to install it. I watched many videos, but when I popped the case open, there was an RGB hub in the side of it, and no videos I've seen cover how to deal with it, as the cooling system and the frontmost fan on the radiator both seem to plug into it(And the mess of wires on the back are intimidating enough). I don't want to damage the computer itself, so now I have a PC with a failing cooler and a shiny new cooling system I don't know how to install.

So does anyone have experience installing this specific cooler in their PC in a similar situation to mine? Or should I chance it and bring the cooler+PC to someone to fix for me?

To reiterate, I'm a very heavy handed person, and I don't want to risk damaging the PC by my hand.

I've also asked iBuyPower customer support and they told me my warranty was expired on my PC.

Hello, I'm having some problems with the cooling system that came with my iBuyPower PC.

It's a Gaming ELIBG101, and the specs are as following:

Case: iBUYPOWER Element PRO ARGB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700F Processor (8x 3.00GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: ASRock B365M IB-R
Memory: 16GB DDR4-2666MHz
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Power Supply: 600 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 120mm RGB Liquid Cooling System
Storage: 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Recently, I've had a rattling/grinding sound coming from the PC, which I originally suspected where the fans, but soon realized was the cooler's radiator.

My temps also have been spiking recently, but never high enough for a full PC shutdown.

When my CPU usage spikes above 65%, the rattling/grinding sound begins to happen and stays consistent until the cpu usage goes down.

I was recommended to purchase a new cooling system, so I got the [Corsair Hydro Series H60 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 120mm Radiator, 120mm SP Series PWM Fan]

However, I'm very inept at working on PC internals, and have no idea how to install it. I watched many videos, but when I popped the case open, there was an RGB hub in the side of it, and no videos I've seen cover how to deal with it, as the cooling system and the frontmost fan on the radiator both seem to plug into it(And the mess of wires on the back are intimidating enough). I don't want to damage the computer itself, so now I have a PC with a failing cooler and a shiny new cooling system I don't know how to install.

So does anyone have experience installing this specific cooler in their PC in a similar situation to mine? Or should I chance it and bring the cooler+PC to someone to fix for me?

To reiterate, I'm a very heavy handed person, and I don't want to risk damaging the PC by my hand.

I've also asked iBuyPower customer support and they told me my warranty was expired on my PC.
Hello and welcome

Given your inexperience and the fact that we can only make guestimates about what you should/shouldn't unplug etc

My next advice would be to watch some YT, but you have also done that

I would just take it to a shop mate