[SOLVED] Help! Low FPS with Low CPU and GPU Usage.

Dec 31, 2020
I recently picked up Escape From Tarkov and while trying to get as many frames as possible with the lowest settings, I found out that I was averaging 50 fps while my CPU and GPU were both sitting around 50% usage. I knew going into EFT with a 1080 wouldn't blow me away but when I'm only getting 40 fps at all low settings and my pc isn't getting above 50% usage, something doesn't add up.

I've noticed the same thing happening with some other games but it was never as pronounced so I didn't worry about it. Now, however, I want to get to the bottom of it because I feel like my pc is really being held back and I want to be getting the most out of it. It is frustrating.

In task manager, my cpu is always showing its speed is at the intended 4.2 GHz and under load, it even goes up to 4.37GHz.
My idle cpu temps are 31C and underload with CineBench, I hit a max of around 60C.

Here is my current setup
PCPartPicker Part List
I'd also appreciate some insight on my part list and whether or not a piece of hardware is a thorn in my side that could be of concern.

Please any help would be appreciated!!!!

Solution
Is the second monitor running on 60 or 144hz? It shouldn't really matter but have you tried unplugging the second monitor yet?

Plus, if you could, monitor your PSU draw. It could be that you're just not getting enough juice.
Dec 31, 2020
Is anything capped? In-game, NVCP, or other software?
Not that I am aware of. I know for sure the game itself isn't capped because I've been trying to optimize it with tutorials.
The game's performance doesn't act like a cap either. it is inconsistent frames. I hit 70 fps sometimes and in gun fights, it drops to 30.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Is the second monitor running on 60 or 144hz? It shouldn't really matter but have you tried unplugging the second monitor yet?

Plus, if you could, monitor your PSU draw. It could be that you're just not getting enough juice.

Solution