[SOLVED] Help me get rid of Bitcoin miners and other malware please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas4140

Prominent
Aug 6, 2019
So i wanted to download a torrent for a game from IGG games but my bitdefender anti virus always said that there was a bitcoin miner wanting to start up the process. It blocks it but this warning always keeps coming back when i start up my pc.

I tried manually to delete them but it just creates a new folder that is similar with these contents. I delete it but it comes back under a new name in a hidden folder of windows.

I watched a few vids to get rid of it and i do see my cpu process spikes when afk and when i open task manager it goes from 90-100% to 40. Or from 80¨% to 20.
Google chrome proces has 21 processes but only 2 tabs are open.

Here's pictures with the warning + the proces of my pc monitored by Process Hacker software:
View: https://imgur.com/a/tfe1DEQ

I'm kinda worried about my payment info getting leaked or spyware etc and my computer not working properly so i need some help to get rid of it please help me. I would be so grateful, i already regret trying to download games..

Solution
If BitDefender sees it but can't remove it completely, it may be time for stronger measures.

Sometimes you have to go nuclear.
In the face of a nasty infection like this, either recover from a backup you made before this happened, or...a full wipe and reinstall.

USAFRet

Titan
If BitDefender sees it but can't remove it completely, it may be time for stronger measures.

Sometimes you have to go nuclear.
In the face of a nasty infection like this, either recover from a backup you made before this happened, or...a full wipe and reinstall.

Solution
After your nuke and pave, and reinstall of everything you need/want, get a good backup (golden image) at exactly that point. Saves time in the event an infection occuring, which will be quite common after utilizing some 'less than optimum' download sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.