HELP ME!!!! I'm going crazy!!!!!

G

Anyone ever hear of this crap?
I have a CD-RW and a DVD on my secondary IDE. When I boot, it detects everything fine.... I even get visual verification that BOTH are detected (during boot). But once I hit Windows, niether are there! What the hell is this??? I thought it was just happening with my KT7... but it's even happening with my old BX mobo. Someone please help me here, Ive checked everything including jumpers and to make sure the cable are facing the wrong way! NOTHING! What the hell is going on here??????? Im not a damn moron..... I've done this a million times and now this??? Someone help me please!

Hpnotyz

G

Maybe there is a problem with the master/slave config. Or you may have disabled the IDE controller in Windows.

G

i've seen this problem before.

goto control panel, double click on system, hit the device manager tab, are there any yellow exclamation points under your hard disk controller. If there is, this fix usually fixes me up.

remove everything under hard disk controller, reboot.

when your system comes back up, it will detect your hard disk controller. whenever your system asks you to reboot while it's detecting and installing your hardware, hit no. wait until it's all done and your looking at your desktop. Now reboot....hopefully, this will fix it