[SOLVED] help my partition is lost after accidentally deleted and merged!

Aug 27, 2020
hello guys

i have a 1TB HDD and it has 2 partitions of 310GB and 1 partition of 200GB. since i had about 100GB unallocated space left, i wanted to extend them evenly across the partitions and with the 200GB partition it went smoothly using Windows disk management utility. i run my OS on an SSD.

when i tried to extend one of the 310GB it converted to a dynamic disk (i forgot what it said) and it was shown separated (310 + 50-something GB) and i wanted to delete it

but when i deleted it, it lost everything on that partition. it contains my family documents and also my college files(luckily i still have these like thesis files and academic records backupped on the cloud).

then i used EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover the partitions i lost(i've used this before to another old drive) and the partitions and its files and folders shows up. i feel relieved.

since my first objective is to use all the remaining unallocated space on the HDD, i thought i'll recover them after i repartitioned and i saved my scan results and continued to try to convert the disk back to basic. that's when i heard of AOMEI Partition Assistant. i downloaded it, managed to convert the disk back to basic, and decided to merge all of the remaining unallocated space to the last 310GB partition.

STUPIDLY, i saved the EaseUS scan result (.rsf file) on the HDD. i didn't know the possibilities of it having problems after merging and all, i thought of recovering the files after repartitioning.

and finally when i tried to recover the files and open the .rsf file, it says "scan session might be corrupted. please rescan to recover your data."
currently i'm still trying using another products like TestDisk but i really don't understand about sector by sector scan or RAW files and all.

hoping so much to get answers and hopefully there's a solution to my problems!

EDIT
i'm not too frustrated by this disaster i made myself because i'm feeling that everything else has already been backupped (like my family documents probably also present in my dad's laptop) but i'm not sure, so i want to recover them anyway

Last edited:
Solution
STUPIDLY, i saved the EaseUS scan result (.rsf file) on the HDD. i didn't know the possibilities of it having problems after merging and all, i thought of recovering the files after repartitioning.
That scan wouldn't have worked anyway after changing the partitions on it.
A scan is only valid on the disk structure it was taken on.

Except for a deep file recovery scan with testdisk or other apps there is nothing much you can do.

Except for a deep file recovery scan with testdisk or other apps there is nothing much you can do.

Reactions: seraguela
Solution
Aug 27, 2020
UPDATE
i finished with testdisk scan and really don't understand anything it shows me, so i run a new scan on the disk with the easeus and it found a bunch of raw files that i didn't remember they were inside the lost partition or not

so i guess i'll just go scan them with my eyes until i find something i remember it was there, right? or maybe there is a faster way of doing it...

thanks for the reply anyway!

Last edited: