[SOLVED] Help needed with noise from Acer monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2021
First of all, I did read all of the previous threads and tried all of the answers there. I have an Acer Nitro XV272Pbmiiprzx Monitor and a few months back I started hearing a strange noise from it. Soundcloud link to the noise. I sent it back to the retailer that I purchased it from and they change the power board, didn't fix anything so I sent it back, but now they are saying they are not hearing anything and that nothing is wrong.

It's plugged in to my GPU with a DP and in a power strip with the original cable. I tried plugging it in the wall directly, but nothing, the sound is still there. The sound is even there when the PC is off, the monitor is off, the DP is not plugged in and I even tried plugging it in the other room, where it's on a diff breaker, nothing, same noise. The noise continues even if it's plugged in another PC with HDMI cable, not the same DP. Tried 3 different power cables, same thing there, too.
Can anyone help with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
This can now be closed. A fix has been applied.

The fix: I opened up the monitor and removed the speakers and all of the wires with them. Removing only the speakers didn't do it, but removing the wires for them as well, that did it. At least for now I cannot hear a sound, even at night when it's quite, no noise is coming from the monitor.
Hi.

Opening the sound in Audacity and make the window appear as spectogram, it reveal a steady noise around 1500 HZ. Is that the sound you refer to?

Where are you holding the mic according to the monitor? Can this be the noise of another component ?

Can the noise possible origin from the built-in speakers ?

Apr 19, 2021
Hello, I was holding the mic at the speakers, yes, but it's not them. I opened up the monitor and removed the speakers, the sound is still there. Now I have a new sound recording, which is more accurate and a picture of where the seound is coming from. It's from the top part, where the cable is.
20210419_195426.jpg

Well, the audio clip certainly have a major steady tone at roughly 1300 HZ.

The level of the sound however is not possible to tell just from the record as full documentation of recorder model//type, settings and excact position (need drawing) according to monitor is needed.

Apr 19, 2021
This can now be closed. A fix has been applied.

The fix: I opened up the monitor and removed the speakers and all of the wires with them. Removing only the speakers didn't do it, but removing the wires for them as well, that did it. At least for now I cannot hear a sound, even at night when it's quite, no noise is coming from the monitor.

Reactions: Grobe
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS