Feb 7, 2020
Hi guys I just Built my first PC
and it will not display
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YRJt9G
these are the specs
cooler is the stock one that came with the CPU
tried putting it all together and it would not display from the GPU HDMI so i tried the MOBO HDMI
still nothing
Tried doing bare bones with just CPU and one stick in the prefered DIMM slot
nothing
tried clearing CMOS
nothing
called ASUS and they walked me through some Trouble shooting
still nothing
sent the motherboard back and got a replacement and still getting the same issues
Q code reads AE (Legacy Boot Event)

please help guys HUGE loss of money here

Solution
ok 1st thing. The system you built will not boot without a GPU. The R7 3700X does not have an integrated GPU so stop trying that.

So lets start over

are you using the correct power sockets on your PSU? see below for the highlighted ones for your GPU, 24 Pin, and CPU power.
PSU

Next is all the power plugged in on your mother board? 24 pin and CPU?

Motherboard

Finally do you have both power sockets populated on your GPU?

GPU

Make sure all of this is plugged in and is secure and you have at least one ram stick install, and try and boot the system again. Even without a hard drive it will let you go to the BIOS.

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
ok 1st thing. The system you built will not boot without a GPU. The R7 3700X does not have an integrated GPU so stop trying that.

So lets start over

are you using the correct power sockets on your PSU? see below for the highlighted ones for your GPU, 24 Pin, and CPU power.
PSU

Next is all the power plugged in on your mother board? 24 pin and CPU?

Motherboard

Finally do you have both power sockets populated on your GPU?

GPU

Make sure all of this is plugged in and is secure and you have at least one ram stick install, and try and boot the system again. Even without a hard drive it will let you go to the BIOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: chasetherazor516
Solution