I have a program I have used for some time now it is Expert Forms. It is a
DOS based program apparently. My system keeps telling me that it was not
designed to handle DOS programs. I have a dual processor system, is that
the problem? or is it Windows XP!

--
Stuart Chambliss

Malke

Stuart Chambliss wrote:

> I have a program I have used for some time now it is Expert Forms. It
> is a
> DOS based program apparently. My system keeps telling me that it was
> not
> designed to handle DOS programs. I have a dual processor system, is
> that
> the problem? or is it Windows XP!

See if any of the following helps:

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
Windows-based program:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767&Product=winxp

This can also be caused by malware.

Also, AVAST (antivirus software) can be the cause if you have WinXP SP2
installed:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=8PCdnSzBqtmadsPcRVn-gQ%40comcast.com

You can put back the standard version of autoexec.nt/config.nt by
copying a backup copy held in %windir%\repair\ to %windir%\system32\
(%windir% is typically C:\Windows) instead of using the procedure in
the KB article above.

If you still can't run your DOS program after that, then resign yourself
to finding a program that will do what you want that is supported by
your operating system. Programs are written to run on operating systems
and some older ones will work on XP and some will not.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com