Question [HELP] Port forwarding

Jun 2, 2021
Hello,

I'm playing in a NHL09 league with few friends trough created server by one of them. We connect to his server by his IP, to choose our game and then play.
We used to play trough hamachi (to connect to your opponent) but they told me that i can connect trough direct ip after portforwarding, and so i did that.

All was working well, i created UDP port and all was great until 1 day, my internet connection crashed for 20 minutes. After my internet came back, i couldnt anymore connect to them or they to me so i tried to make portforwarding again and again and again and still the same thing, they get timed out message when trying to connect to me.

Please, any tips or help will be appreciated as i have to start my playoffs tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I'm playing in a NHL09 league with few friends trough created server by one of them. We connect to his server by his IP, to choose our game and then play.
We used to play trough hamachi (to connect to your opponent) but they told me that i can connect trough direct ip after portforwarding, and so i did that.

All was working well, i created UDP port and all was great until 1 day, my internet connection crashed for 20 minutes. After my internet came back, i couldnt anymore connect to them or they to me so i tried to make portforwarding again and again and again and still the same thing, they get timed out message when trying to connect to me.

Please, any tips or help will be appreciated as i have to start my playoffs tomorrow.
Some ISPs limit direct connections between some of the IPs. If your friend has an IP address that is very similar to yours, the ISP could be blocking it.

Jun 2, 2021
Some ISPs limit direct connections between some of the IPs. If your friend has an IP address that is very similar to yours, the ISP could be blocking it.
Our IP doesnt look similar, we are around 15 people in the league, their IP mostly starts with 70 and mine with 200, they are from NA and im from EU.

That just means your internet is working and ping is not being blocked. It still does not explain why you can not contact the other router. Your friend may need to turn on a feature that allows you to ping his router. If other people can ping his router then there must be some limitation in the ISP preventing it you need to talk to them.

Jun 2, 2021
That just means your internet is working and ping is not being blocked. It still does not explain why you can not contact the other router. Your friend may need to turn on a feature that allows you to ping his router. If other people can ping his router then there must be some limitation in the ISP preventing it you need to talk to them.
It's not just my friend, we are around 20 in the league, nobody can connect to my ip. But i can connect to theirs.