Dec 9, 2020
Hi

I built my first computer recently so I'm still new to this. I bought this model from Newegg around Black Friday and have been using it for the past 2 - 3 weeks. Just recently I checked the temperatures using AMDs Radeon software and found the GPU was at 100 degrees after 30 minutes of just playing Genshin Impact on high.

I don't overclock it, I haven't flashed a vBIOS or done anything to it. I just put it plugged it in and used it.

At idle it runs at 50 - 57 C, then ramps up linearly overtime to 100 C after ~30 minutes.

I'm not sure what to do about this high temperature but it doesn't seem normal compared to all the other benchmarks done on this GPU. I'm using stock fans that came with my case (Coolermaster NR400) - I plan on buying more fans to help with the airflow but it doesn't seem like it should be running this hot regardless if it has just 2 fans.

What can I do to help lower this temperature? Is it possible to take my computer somewhere to help figure out what's wrong? Would taking it to a Microcenter help?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB DDR4-3200
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB
GPU: ASRock RX 5600 XT 6 GB Phantom Gaming
PSU: EVGA 80+ ATX PSU

TRENDING THREADS