Nov 5, 2019
Hiya, my name is Stacie, Iv decided to jump on a friends account and try these forums as a last resort. I have had my pc for about 2 years and its got to where anything I play just stutters when i turn around or load something new up. I get high fps 100+ and the stutters don't tank my fps. They literally just freeze my game then I'm back to 100+ fps. It feels like I have done everything there is to do, Clean the pc, diagnostics, windows support, even upgraded my ram thinking that was the problem.
My specs are intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb, and 12 gigs of ram. This pc ran games amazingly when I first got it.

Here are some screenshots of my temps and such, Maybe one of you smart fellas could save me lol. I have no warranty and don't have the money to get a new pc / hardware.

3 screenshots of temps and voltages using MSI afterburner and CPU-Z (while in game, Star wars battlefront 2 and Fortnite)
View: https://imgur.com/a/nNb6vKE

Nov 5, 2019
It looks like your gpu may be thermal throttling. It is staying at 77-80 in your pics. Check your gpu fan and fins for dust and dirt, give it a good cleaning. You may want to up the fan cooling curve a bit too. And increase your case fans speeds too while gaming.

I tried that, got my temps to go down but I don't think that's the problem, I'v noticed that on every game I play textures will appear the re appear, or just not load up until im directly in front of them. + the massive stuttering problem with high fps. Im hopeless at this point as it feels like I have done EVERYTHING there is to do. I bought this pc pre built and while I was cleaning it im not sure I could even find the gpu lol. Theres like a box in the top of the case where one of my fans are. Maybe its in that box? Idk but any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave2299

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
hey, i have the same problem it just happens suddenly and every game i play is lagging stuttering and etc etc all possible problems to destroy gaiming experience, i used to play some games at 120 fps and now i play them at 30-60fps idk how it hapened all of a sudden. i use a gaming laptop with gtx1050ti 4gb, and games performance loooks like inter graphics. yep i tried all possible online reboot re install drivers etc etc setting but no hope.

Reactions: lgndzeke
Nov 21, 2019
hey, i have the same problem it just happens suddenly and every game i play is lagging stuttering and etc etc all possible problems to destroy gaiming experience, i used to play some games at 120 fps and now i play them at 30-60fps idk how it hapened all of a sudden. i use a gaming laptop with gtx1050ti 4gb, and games performance loooks like inter graphics. yep i tried all possible online reboot re install drivers etc etc setting but no hope.
I have this same issue, I have what I consider an upper spec pc that I built 2 years ago but also upgraded and in the last few months in all games there is intermittant stuttering. It has nothing to do with internet lag as it occurs with offline and online games. it is quite regular in the games, for example every 10 seconds or so the game will just hang or "stutter" for a brief moment. That might not seem like a big deal to some but most gamers who have experienced this will know it completely ruins games. I have tried re-installing windows and nvidia driver and no luck. I am sure either Windows or Nvidia are to blame tbo.

Dave2299

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
I have this same issue, I have what I consider an upper spec pc that I built 2 years ago but also upgraded and in the last few months in all games there is intermittant stuttering. It has nothing to do with internet lag as it occurs with offline and online games. it is quite regular in the games, for example every 10 seconds or so the game will just hang or "stutter" for a brief moment. That might not seem like a big deal to some but most gamers who have experienced this will know it completely ruins games. I have tried re-installing windows and nvidia driver and no luck. I am sure either Windows or Nvidia are to blame tbo.
So , is there any solution to get that gaming experience back ?

Nov 21, 2019
So , is there any solution to get that gaming experience back ?
Hi
So I seem to have fixed my intermittant regular freezing issues. I disabled Windows Defender that was using a large amount of CPU time in spikes. That issue in combination with me having an older CPU (an intel i5) i believe was the cause and would explain why not everyone has the issue. Defender had to be disabled at a registry level as it was still running in the background. I will try to link the article that explains what is going on and how to disable defender.
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/games-freezing-randomly-for-a-split-of-a-second-windows-10/
See this thread with the answer at the bottom. The actual way I followed to disable defender was similar to this thread but I cant remember if this was the exact one:
https://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/25/how-to-disable-windows-defender-in-windows-10-permanently/

It is interesting to note that the use in the CNET thread that had the fix and same issue also had an i5 intel CPU and I think it may be possible the long term fix is simply to fork out the cash for a high end CPU or ditch Windows :). Personally I am moving across to Consol Gaming.

TRENDING THREADS