Question HELP : Unstable FPS w/5600xt (With Benchmark)

Apr 27, 2020
Hello.

Build :

5600xt Red Devil
i5 8440 2.8ghz
Hyper X 16 gb in dual channel 2666mhz
AsRock B360M Pro4
WPM Gold 550w
HDD Toshiba 1tb D10TB

I wanted to ask an opinion about any reason could possibly cause this perfomance : (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAp_BQ5iR-1GxtkIOjDZyuoMyXOxrfFb/view?usp=sharing ).
(Capped with RivaTuner at 135)
I specify : i put all graphics at the lowest,best settings for fps and input lag reduce,drivers,bios and vbios up to date. This perfomance in Apex has similarities with other games like Fortnite and Warzone ( Sudden FPS drops or -20/-30 fps in random situations).

Any opinion about a possible solution?

m30067

Prominent
BANNED
Nov 12, 2018
Replace that terrible power supply and it may fix your issues.
A recommendation is the Be Quiet System Power 9 400w, more than enough for your system and a good quality unit that will deliver it's full wattage.

I see no issues at all. None. The FPS changed when you walked into different areas and this is expected.

I would never use a Sharkoon PSU, but a Bequiet System Power 9 400w would definitely not be what I would suggest either. You need a decent 550w, and a poor quality 400w is not going to cut it.

Reactions: DMAN999

m30067

Prominent
BANNED
Nov 12, 2018
I see no issues at all. None. The FPS changed when you walked into different areas and this is expected.

I would never use a Sharkoon PSU, but a Bequiet System Power 9 400w would definitely not be what I would suggest either. You need a decent 550w, and a poor quality 400w is not going to cut it.
You clearly don't understand PSU's.

Watts and it's efficiency rating do not make it a good PSU.

His system will draw around 300 watts maximum.

The System Power 9 is a very good design, it delivers it's full wattage with low ripple and all protections work flawlessly.

You clearly don't understand PSU's.

Watts and it's efficiency rating do not make it a good PSU.
I would agree with the fact that wattage and efficency don't make a good PSU. And i did not say that.

I would not trust any sharkoon power supply like he has. I said that.

AMD reccomends 550w for a system with an RX5600xt. I would not go below that.

Also the BeQuiet system power 9 series is bequiets entry level lineup iirc. It is group regulated and cheaply build all around.

Here is a review of the 600w version of the system power l9.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-pure-power-9-600w-power-supply,4516-3.html

Seems to have severe issues with voltage regulation and ripple aswell as cheap capacitors. Ouch

m30067

Prominent
BANNED
Nov 12, 2018
I would agree with the fact that wattage and efficency don't make a good PSU. And i did not say that.

I would not trust any sharkoon power supply like he has. I said that.

AMD reccomends 550w for a system with an RX5600xt. I would not go below that.

Also the BeQuiet system power 9 series is bequiets entry level lineup iirc. It is group regulated and cheaply build all around.

Here is a review of the 600w version of the system power l9.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-pure-power-9-600w-power-supply,4516-3.html

Seems to have severe issues with voltage regulation and ripple aswell as cheap capacitors. Ouch

Well you are factually wrong i am afriad.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/#comments

Tier B-

They don't even put GR units above the bottom 2 tiers.

The unit i mentioned is incredibly great value for money.

The 600w version is a different build to the 400w, don't side step.

...... In fact according the tier list, his PSU is the same quality as the BS S9 already.

So i was judging his unit wrongly, it seemed you did too.

Last edited:
Citing a flawed tier list isn't going to win you any credability here.

Though its possible, i don't see why they would make their 600w unit of a series worse than the 400w one. Its usually reverse. Like the CV650 being better than the CV550 in terms of dc-dc.

Anyhow.

The system power 400w could be the best psu known to mankind and i still wouldnt reccomend it.

Its 150w less than what the manufacturer of the gpu reccomends. They know best given they designed it and have done testing.

m30067

Prominent
BANNED
Nov 12, 2018
Citing a flawed tier list isn't going to win you any credability here.

Though its possible, i don't see why they would make their 600w unit of a series worse than the 400w one. Its usually reverse. Like the CV650 being better than the CV550 in terms of dc-dc.

Anyhow.

The system power 400w could be the best psu known to mankind and i still wouldnt reccomend it.

Its 150w less than what the manufacturer of the gpu reccomends. They know best given they designed it and have done testing.

That is not why they recommend over - specced PSU's, it is just to cover them in case a person has a low quality PSU.

This is like saying i should have bought a 700w PSU instead of my SuperFlower Leadex III 650W for my 5700-XT. In reality my Ryzen system barely pulls 350w most of the time.

TRENDING THREADS