Question Help with a very weird problem on NVIDIA GPU

Jul 25, 2024
Hi to everyone, I'm facing a very weird problem with Nvidia GPU's
To put y'all in context, i bought a very cheap oem setup ( i5 8500,16gb), everything is normal to that point, i change the hp psu to the standars one ATX 600w.
after that i bought an RX 580 8gb and i play almost 3 months with it, no problem at all, some day made my mind to change from amd to nvidia and bought an gtx 1060 6gb ( its not a big upgrade but i wanted to give a chance to nvidia and test it out).

After install it, i use DDU and made a reset to bios to have no problem, everything was normal to that point, i play some game and the performance was terrible, pretty stuttering experience, i put the river tuner and found out that my CPU was almost 100% in almost every game i test.

Thinking that the gpu was faulty, i bought a 1650 super and nothing change at all, the same performance( stuttering, high cpu usage and low frame rate)

i know to this point i should change the motherboard to a better one or switching back to AMD, but i like to learn this types of things.

This are some of the things i tried:

~Rollback the bios to the lowest one
~ Rollback the Nvidia driver( maybe for the overhead problem)
~ Changing some parameters on bios( almost everything disable)
~ changing windows ( full cleared)

if someone's has a idea please comment it.

greetings.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i change the hp psu to the standars one ATX 600w.
This is vague, please mention the model of the HP prebuilt and it's SKU, and the ATX PSU you swapped out with, including it's make and model.

made a reset to bios to have no problem,
You're not supposed to touch the BIOS if you're merely dealing with drivers.