JonnyTatt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
So, I'm trying to upgrade my micro-ATXto a full ATX motherboard but I plan on using the i7-6700 (6th gen) processor from it with a 1151 socket. I'd really like an Asus board but I'm struggling to find the best option from them. I'd like to overclock, I don't want wifi, it needs ethernet, the more USB the better, USB 3.1 & 3.0, at least 4 Sata 6.0, it's going into a Intel CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 500D RGB SE Mid-Tower Case, it will need 4 ram slots that run ddr4 3000 MHz RAM, it only runs a small video card at the moment because it is not used for gaming although I may upgrade the video card when I get new monitors after I'm done with the inside, the system runs will run 5 fans (2 of which are from an liquid cpu cooler plugged directly into the power supply) from a controller mounted on the frame which is connected directly to a modular power supply but controlled by the pc, and yeah, I think that's about it. Lol Quite a mouthful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, bonus question: How do you guys or gals feel about used or "like new" in original box motherboards for a huge price break from somewhere like Amazon?

JonnyTatt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2019
I mean there's this motherboard: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2k3H99/asus-prime-z390-a-atx-lga1151-motherboard-prime-z390-a
If your budget is a lot lower, here's a link where you can choose out ASUS motherboards with that socket.
I mean there's this motherboard: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2k3H99/asus-prime-z390-a-atx-lga1151-motherboard-prime-z390-a
If your budget is a lot lower, here's a link where you can choose out ASUS motherboards with that socket.
Thank you but unfortunately that board is only for 8th and 9th Gen and my processor is only 6th gen. That's my main difficulty. I did find a number of them on part picker but I didn't know what to go with if there was anything I should look for when buying a board. Plus, I found a high end one like new on Amazon and wanted to know what people's opinions were on buying used boards.

TRENDING THREADS