Question Help with gaming mouse and keyboard

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
I use a logitech b100 mouse and amkette multimedia keyboard for my gaming sessions. More than an average gamer yes. For me it has always been an issue with the mouse is that I have a big hand so small mouse never really work well. I tried some gaming mouse like havit etc but they are really big and it was very uncomfortable using them.

I've seen many people suggesting some logitech gxxx some series. I'm planning on shifting from normal keyboard and mouse to something made for gaming cz people actually have experienced better gaming experience with proper setup. I don't need any fancy rgb or anything. My requirements are that it should just fit properly and yes a bit reasonable rate. don want to spend more than 2k-2.3k INR around in India. Mechanical keyboards are good as far as I've seen people playing and using them.

One doubt was that how much does a difference will it make if I shift from my current mouse+keyboard setup. Like is there latency issues or something which help ?? I don't have any issues using the current mouse but the keyboard could be better yes and also way better if there was a palm rest. i usually game at fixed 60fps when going online multiplayer mostly overwatch and apex.

my current setup is :
Ryzen 5 3600 || Asus Strix RX 570 4gb || Benq Gw2280 60Hz 1080p
MSI B450M PRO VDH || 16GB VEngeance 8gb*2 || Adata SSD su650 480GB

Thank you for the answers!

Solution
Your budget is about $30 US, that is enough for a decent mouse but you need another 60+ for a keyboard on top of that if you want a known good brand, or about 40 for a generic copy.

Mice and keyboards are a personal pick, 30 people could have 30 different opinions on what they like.

No way to know what will fit you, since it's a fit for you.

The Logitech G502 SE Hero is nice, very smooth sensor, great feeling buttons and it's only $30

For keyboards there are a ton of options, you need to read about mechanical key types and see which you may like. There are dozens to pick from.

I bought my son an Azio with copies of brown switches, it is very good for the price...
Your budget is about $30 US, that is enough for a decent mouse but you need another 60+ for a keyboard on top of that if you want a known good brand, or about 40 for a generic copy.

Mice and keyboards are a personal pick, 30 people could have 30 different opinions on what they like.

The Logitech G502 SE Hero is nice, very smooth sensor, great feeling buttons and it's only $30

For keyboards there are a ton of options, you need to read about mechanical key types and see which you may like. There are dozens to pick from.

I bought my son an Azio with copies of brown switches, it is very good for the price https://www.amazon.com/Azio-Hue-Red...d_r=AH38D5TNB8T3GV9YVP9G&psc=1&qid=1577042566

Eagletec is another pretty generic low cost mechanical keyboard company you may want to look at.

Last edited:
Solution

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015

I bought my son an Azio with copies of brown switches, it is very good for the price https://www.amazon.com/Azio-Hue-Red...d_r=AH38D5TNB8T3GV9YVP9G&psc=1&qid=1577042566

Eagletec is another pretty generic low cost mechanical keyboard company you may want to look at.

So I got a logitech g102 mouse. But for the keyboard part I have some doubt,
I have never used mechanical keyboard but this time I'm switching to them. Some shortlisted ones are as below with the query stated beside:
Cosmic Byte CB-GK-12 1750 Rupees INR cheapest of all but Jixian switches are soldered to the PCB. Does it means once a key doesn't works then the whole keyboard should be replaced ? Are these even true blue switches ?
Redgear MK881 Invador 2699 Rupees INR says has Kailh Blue switches and Brown switches . Both have same price. Which is better ?
Cosmic Byte CB-GK-03 3109 Rupees INR The one which I want due to the fact that it has palm rest. blue switch is for 3.2k while brown switch is for 4.1k around.
Ant Esports MK1000 2225 Rupees INR Review says it is not that good with the keys build quality.
Ant Esports MK3000 2350 Rupees INR is it the big bro of 1000??? what is the difference ?
Redgear L-Claw Mechanical Keyboard 2154 Rupees INR looks good reviews are fine but what is that Double Injected Keys ?
Other doubts:
  1. So there are some categories which the switches follow: [as per my search, please correct me if i am wrong]
Blue: cheapest but noisy. Are they really that noisy ?
Brown : better and less noisy than blue but cost more.
Red: top notch quality material but are costliest of all ??
2. There are others but for me these are more than enough. Also I can see there are different ways by which sellers try to persuade a customer and sell as a mechanical keyboard. So what do these different names mean like
double injected keys or blue switches or Kailh Blue switches or Jixian switches ?? I believe true mechanical keyboard are the ones which have Cherry MX switches and they are really costly right ?? So are these switches same or chinese variant of MX switches ?
3. Which one of the above would you suggest if any ? OR any other recommendations ?
As you know my budget ain't much 3k-3.3k INR around max. So looking for best investment with lesser price tag as an kind of necessary parameter. Really thank you for your time and effort and looking forward for suggestions. Thanks.

I don't know any of those brands of keyboards, I would guess they are built using the same factories that the other cheaper brands use. For switches, I tried Kailh and like them, keyboard I got for my work has Kailh Silver Speed switches. Of course the cost is also in the build not just the switches.

I like Brown and Red switches much better than the Blue, cost between them really depends on the brand. MX are fine, Kailh are fine, even the cheaper Chinese copies are not bad, although not quite as nice feeling. Any terms you don't understand like double injected you can look up, there is no need to re-type info already out there.

Feb 29, 2020
I use a logitech b100 mouse and amkette multimedia keyboard for my gaming sessions. More than an average gamer yes. For me it has always been an issue with the mouse is that I have a big hand so small mouse never really work well. I tried some gaming mouse like havit etc but they are really big and it was very uncomfortable using them.

I've seen many people suggesting some logitech gxxx some series. I'm planning on shifting from normal keyboard and mouse to something made for gaming cz people actually have experienced better gaming experience with proper setup. I don't need any fancy rgb or anything. My requirements are that it should just fit properly and yes a bit reasonable rate. don want to spend more than 2k-2.3k INR around in India. Mechanical keyboards are good as far as I've seen people playing and using them.

One doubt was that how much does a difference will it make if I shift from my current mouse+keyboard setup. Like is there latency issues or something which help ?? I don't have any issues using the current mouse but the keyboard could be better yes and also way better if there was a palm rest. i usually game at fixed 60fps when going online multiplayer mostly overwatch and apex.

my current setup is :
Ryzen 5 3600 || Asus Strix RX 570 4gb || Benq Gw2280 60Hz 1080p
MSI B450M PRO VDH || 16GB VEngeance 8gb*2 || Adata SSD su650 480GB

Thank you for the answers!
Bro I am going to build the same setup do you felt any problem regarding bios

Mar 16, 2020
I bought my pre built gaming PC about a year ago from a company called "iBuyPower" I don't remember the EXACT one but it was around 4-500 USD for the complete package. The mouse and keyboard are pretty basic but they work amazing for me so far. The keyboard letters are starting to fade but I have no issues with the mouse it came with.

The mouse that came with iBuyPower has two buttons on the side that you can map to do whatever you want in a game. There is no latency (it is a wired mouse) and I've had no issues with it.

If you want a decent mouse at a low price maybe do a Google search on iBuyPower, I assume you can get the mouse without the whole package.

Also if latency is an issue then definitely get a wired mouse. Wireless can have interference, although the technology for wireless peripherals are pretty great now a days.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS