Question Help with my PC, no video, can't restart.

Oct 25, 2024
My PC just turned off after a blue screen. I didn't have time to read the error code. I tried to turn it on again and while the Windows loading circle was spinning it stayed stuck for a long time, so I decided to restart again, but this time nothing, no video, nothing. There is no image and no power to the peripherals, unless you press a key, then the keyboard turns on and nothing else. The computer fans, including those of the GPU and the processor, are set to 100%.
HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I THINK, when I press and hold the power button to turn off the PC, it doesn't turn off or do anything, but the power LED on the front panel starts blinking, just that LED. It seems as if there is some type of short circuit that prevents the PC from turning off. I can only turn it off by pulling the cable or with the PSU switch. Add that the source had been intermittently making a lot of fan noise for several days (without having anything to do with the PC load in terms of cpu or gpu). I have tried everything, disassembled the entire PC, cleaned everything, remounted, rams, gpu, everything.

Ryzen 5600
2070 Super
2x8GB 3200MHz HyperX Fury
PSU NOX 650W 80+ BRONZE

My PC just turned off after a blue screen. I didn't have time to read the error code. I tried to turn it on again and while the Windows loading circle was spinning it stayed stuck for a long time, so I decided to restart again, but this time nothing, no video, nothing. There is no image and no power to the peripherals, unless you press a key, then the keyboard turns on and nothing else. The computer fans, including those of the GPU and the processor, are set to 100%.
HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I THINK, when I press and hold the power button to turn off the PC, it doesn't turn off or do anything, but the power LED on the front panel starts blinking, just that LED. It seems as if there is some type of short circuit that prevents the PC from turning off. I can only turn it off by pulling the cable or with the PSU switch. Add that the source had been intermittently making a lot of fan noise for several days (without having anything to do with the PC load in terms of cpu or gpu). I have tried everything, disassembled the entire PC, cleaned everything, remounted, rams, gpu, everything.

Ryzen 5600
2070 Super
2x8GB 3200MHz HyperX Fury
PSU NOX 650W 80+ BRONZE
Did you reset CMOS/BIOS, that should be first thing to try.

triplex1

Prominent
Jun 2, 2024
@triplex1 @--SID--
Perhaps there is a possibility that just by changing the power supply everything will return to normal? I hope nothing else has died besides the source.
And I hope so, my friend, that you have not suffered any further damage.All the years that I've been working 25+, 9 out of 10 spend a lot of money but don't give more to get a good power supply.I hope that the rest will be ok and that this will be a lesson for you, the best you get will cover you in watts and a little more and be gold.

Reactions: naujanomrac
Oct 25, 2024
And I hope so, my friend, that you have not suffered any further damage.All the years that I've been working 25+, 9 out of 10 spend a lot of money but don't give more to get a good power supply.I hope that the rest will be ok and that this will be a lesson for you, the best you get will cover you in watts and a little more and be gold.
Thank you very much for responding. Sorry if it's too much to ask, but could you recommend an option that would meet those requirements well but wouldn't be worth a lot of money? Thanks in advance!!

triplex1

Prominent
Jun 2, 2024
Thank you very much for responding. Sorry if it's too much to ask, but could you recommend an option that would meet those requirements well but wouldn't be worth a lot of money? Thanks in advance!!
where are you from and where can you buy tell me also how much money you can afford to spend on a power supply

Oct 25, 2024
where are you from and where can you buy tell me also how much money you can afford to spend on a power supply
I'm from Spain, I can buy from any online store in Spain (also from abroad, although shipping is sometimes worryingly expensive) and I can also buy from Amazon. I would like it to be as cheap as possible but for it not to be bad, for it to be really good for its price. Surely there is one that everyone knows for being cheap and good haha, I bought this one 5 years ago and since then I don't know anything about PSU, I'm lost on the subject.

Oct 25, 2024
I'm also going to try first of all with another power supply that I have here at home, although it is exactly the same one. I have two computers with that source mounted. Ironic haha.

triplex1

Prominent
Jun 2, 2024
This looks like that scene from Avatar where they put their pigtails together... Haha, joking aside, I connected everything to the other PSU (first photo) and the computer booted, so I assume it's the PSU. Thank you very much for your recommendations, I will stick with the first PSU you sent me. Thank you very much, it is impossible to thank you more.

Corsair RM650​