Jan 2, 2019
I have ryzen 3 2200g and i use vega 8. I have 2x4 4gb ddr4 3000mhz ram and gigabyte b450m ds3h mobo. How do I change vram for my integrated graphics and can changing that be harmful for my pc also will my cpu become warmer. Should I overclock my cpu?

Solution
Pretty sure the iGPU will automatically use more system RAM as VRAM as needed. Increasing the amount of RAM set aside as VRAM in the BIOS just makes it so that memory can only be used as VRAM, rather than free to be used as either, so it's kind of pointless. Although I've heard some games will refuse to run/have issues if they detect less than a certain amount of VRAM, so it could be needed there.

No, changing VRAM is not going to damage your computer.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty sure the iGPU will automatically use more system RAM as VRAM as needed. Increasing the amount of RAM set aside as VRAM in the BIOS just makes it so that memory can only be used as VRAM, rather than free to be used as either, so it's kind of pointless. Although I've heard some games will refuse to run/have issues if they detect less than a certain amount of VRAM, so it could be needed there.

No, changing VRAM is not going to damage your computer.

Solution