helpless

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

I have recently notice that my reccle bin looks as if something is in
it...yet when I look nothing is there...if I tell it to empty recylcle bin
....it will ask me if I want to delete Windows ... yet nothing is listed, I
checked for viruses...got nothing I have a firewall and the latest XP SP2...

Any clues..?

"Helpless" <Helpless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently notice that my reccle bin looks as if something is in
> it...yet when I look nothing is there...if I tell it to empty
> recylcle bin ...it will ask me if I want to delete Windows ... yet
> nothing is listed, I checked for viruses...got nothing I have a
> firewall and the latest XP SP2...
>
> Any clues..?

Right click a blank spot on the desktop and choose Properties | Desktop |
Advanced and you can change the Recycled icons.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

helpless

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

I thank you but you miss understood

My recycle bin is reporting that I have my "Windows" directory marked for
deletion. Nothing is showing up in the recycle bin but the icon is showing
that I have stuff to delete, so when I tell it to delete what is inside the
bin (nothing shows up) I get a message to confirm that I want to delete my
windows directory.

Its as if my NTFS file system is corrupted... yet ran all test and it all
looks ok. I did get a chkdsk error but it fixed itself.. and now I have
this... it wants to delete my windows directory.

Understood?